Ford Forums banner

need some help!!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  agez_ea 
#1 ·
hey guys ive got a problem with the EA and its becoming worse
the cars a CFI 5Spd and the car tends to jerk back and forth a bit when in second gear at low speed, it never use be this bad, it doesnt seem to slip in gears..... but ive noticed dat the clutch needs to be flat to floor to change into gear smoothly... im geussin a bit of adjustment could fix part of the problem but does anyone have a good explanation for the jerking back and forth?? could the pedal box be stuffed?? or clutch or flywheel??

my other thought was dat it may not be clutch related maybe fuel related??

any opinions or suggestions are welcome
cheers agez_ea

#2 ·
Check your firewall and does your pedal go up and down at right angle to f/ wall??[it should] You may need to adjust cable. There is a nut on cable outer in engine bay nr f/wall..Should have some play in it though say 10 mm..

#3 ·
Is it only in second?
If so I doubt it's fuel related - in all the gears I would suggest the TPS, but only in one gear I'm not so sure...
Try adjusting your clutch cable as above - from memory you should adjust it so the pedal's 14mm from the inside of the bulkhead.

#4 ·
yea im preety sure its second gear where its really noticeable but ill check it out....... im a bit nervous to play around with the clutch as its something i havent done before but ill have a good look at it, and attempt it wats the worse that could happen lol :s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.