Ford Forums banner

Ford's EA 26 in its final styling form and ready for the road in 1988

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  YellowXF 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
oooooooooh
i'll be downloading that later this evening.
i want one with EF's in it :D

#3 · (Edited)
Nice stuff Barry!

Very interesting. I've actually seen those pictures in a book released by Ford after the EA was released. The design was signed off in May 1984, that car in the picture was the final clay model.

Also note the Pintara/Corsair style door handles on the right hand side and normal EA ones on the left hand side. Another thing, it looks like they were looking to colour coding the actual handle (LHS ones) :fraz: Bit of useless information for you from a very bored person.

Sundeep

#5 ·
Cheers for that, should make for some interesting reading!

#8 ·
Yeah I have that issue... was a hell of a scoop at the time. The pictures were originally found by the Wheels editor in an overseas publication. The original cover was to be of a Gemini or something, but they changed it all at the last minute after finding that scoop.

#9 ·
i like the colour and the black on the bumpers nice find im gonna need to start work on my car again after this that looks so damn goo with the black

#12 ·
agreed, we need to find more things like that on eseries :D

#13 ·
i dunno about the copyright implications (it is an 18 yo mag.. dunno if they'd bother) ... but you can use those scans on there if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.