Ford Forums banner

BA XR rear centre armrest - or lack of!

3K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  eightoftwelve 
#1 ·
... and the spectre of cost cutting rears its ugly head yet again.

How in hells name can the BA XR series NOT receive a rear centre armrest / cupholders? Even with the leather option? It's downright staggering! How many cents are saved by this decision? Who actually prefers to not even HAVE THE BLOODY OPTION???

If Ford really thinks that it's unnecessary, then why does it appear at all, and particularly, only on the upper spec models!?!? :wtf:

How is there any "value adding" for the consumer in the lower models, by the absense of the armrest? There is none - simple cost cutting.

Come on Ford, how hard can it be to "spec up" the rear seats? Sheesh..

#2 ·
I agree completely. Have started a thread on ************.com re getting the relevant parts from Ford and getting a motor trimmer to do this as an aftermarket job.

If they suddenly decided to do it as a running change, at least I could buy the whole kit and caboodle and just fit it. Maybe no cheaper , but less hassle.

I understand some early cars, possibly NZ delivery had the rear central armrest.

Leather trim means a bit of upmarket luxury - falls flat without the armrest.

Any ideas on the best way to achieve the desired outcome are very welcome.

Regards
zeke

#6 ·
The rear Centre Arm Rest was first introduced in the XR range with the EF and continued into the EL. I think the AU XRs with Leather Trim had them and the ones with Cloth Trim didn't.

I find this a very handy feature when sitting in the back of a Falcon on a long trip.

Now you even have to option an LSD in a base XR6, they also were standard in the EF and EL XR6.

#8 ·
The Rear Centre Armrests were deleted from the XR series (along with all that paint from under the hood/bottom of the doors) so as to save weight on an already lard arse car ! (tongue in cheek) Money has absolutley nothing to do with it. Well thats my theory & I'm sticking with it !

#9 ·
I'm not that worried about the missing centre arm rest. I'd be more pissed about having to option a spare alloy wheel and with the XR6 NA having to option the LSD.

Tightarses!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
I had a EBGT for 9 years with a rear arm rest, never used it once! same with my T3, so I won't miss it thats for shaw!

#12 ·
DavoXT said:
All XR models start life as a XT and the base model has no centre arm rest for the rear seat.

The XR used to be specced on a Futura with the EF / EL.

#13 ·
Agree with the LSD deletion since the AUII late edition. A high performance car with LSD is quite silly.
I have also seen a few trim cuts on the BA that were there on the AUII/III>

#14 ·
My GTP has the rear armrest and my kids love it! Does anyone know if the GTs have them (since they are based on the XT where the GTP is based on a fairmont!)?

#16 ·
Dammit, now that I look I've been cost saved worse than anyone. I paid good damn money for my car and they've just gone and deleted the rear seat altogether - let alone the armrest.

What is this world coming to?

#17 ·
MorkuzXR6T said:
I look at it this way ... I bought my car to sit in the drivers seat.
Aussie Pete said:
Dammit, now that I look I've been cost saved worse than anyone. I paid good damn money for my car and they've just gone and deleted the rear seat altogether - let alone the armrest.

Three cheers! We've found some supporters of cost cutting!!!

#19 ·
Re: Re: BA XR rear centre armrest - or lack of!

Aussie Pete said:

Hmm, on reflection, I think I have an answer for where it has gone ... it must be in the same place as your premium sound option, and IRS!!

#21 ·
Re: Re: BA XR rear centre armrest - or lack of!

Venom XR said:
Still finding reasons not to buy a BA Sparkles? :whip:
Just between me and you, and despite Fords concerted efforts to keep me out of one, the only reason I'm not buying a BA is $!!! :wnc:

#22 ·
Re: Re: Re: BA XR rear centre armrest - or lack of!

Mr Sparkle said:
Hmm, on reflection, I think I have an answer for where it has gone ... it must be in the same place as your premium sound option, and IRS!!
AP looks under back of his FPV.....

HOLY BATMAN :wnc: :doh: :fraz: Who put that stick axle under there???????? cart springs aaarrrgggghhhhh. No traction control???????

LOL

#24 ·
Well you can tell the people that have no children or rarely take people in the back. They dont see a use of the armrest, but us old folk with kids, well they love it, especially with the drink holder built into it. I vote to have it included

#25 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: BA XR rear centre armrest - or lack of!

Aussie Pete said:
AP looks under back of his FPV.....

HOLY BATMAN :wnc: :doh: :fraz: Who put that stick axle under there???????? cart springs aaarrrgggghhhhh. No traction control???????

LOL
And the problem is?

:whip:

#26 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BA XR rear centre armrest - or lack of!

smciner1 said:
And the problem is?

:whip:
AP looks at build date of his Pursuit. Umm. "03".

That must be 1903 - what a classic!!!!!! :wnc:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.