Ford Forums banner

What's The 411 On A '92 LS

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Stacy94PGT 
#1 ·
A dealership is selling a 1992 Ford Probe LS. It has 3.0 w/ 4 speed auto all options installed. They're selling for $1,950, is that a good deal or should I be concerned. Tell me what I should look for if there is a problem with it?

#4 ·
Because that's that a bad deal, 94,000 miles on a 11yr. old car.

#6 ·
I think you are talking about an LX, because the LS was only for the MX-6 V6, and it was a 2.5L. The 1992 LX is a decent deal for $2000 if it's in good shape. The V6 has great low end power, and a very nice flat torque curve (you always feel the power). It's a great motor if mated to the 5-speed transmission. Beware if it's an automatic because they are known to go bad very often. Not only that but the performance is not up to par like the 5-speed. I would say that if the body is in good shape, and it's a 5-speed and runs good that's about what you should pay for one. Even though it's an older car, if they are kept up in good shape they can be worth a few grand still..

#7 ·
He did mean LX, I knew it was a type o. Kinda of a old post....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.