Ford Forums banner

Hot Trans - BA?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bloodnut 
#1 ·
hi all,

well I have done over 2000 k's now in my ba xls v8 ute and all is almost well.

I finally got the sound I wanted by going to 2 polk audio 8 inch sub's in the back replacing the standard 5x7's, these subs are hooked up to a clarion 110 rms per channel amp using the rear speaker outputs./

The front speakers (5x7's in doors replaced with clarion 5x7's) run directly off the head unit with a 400mf capacity wired in to remove base signals allowing them to produced mids and highs only.

The result is excellent, crystal clear mids and highs with tight controlled & balanced bass.

One question though, I have noticed when driving that the centre consol (next to tissue box) gets very hot were your knee rests against it, so hot I can hardly touch it (it is auto by the way), anybody else find this?

cheers
Red

#2 ·
Yeah i have a auto mine gets warm around the shifter area i was thinking heater maybe....

#5 ·
Is there any difference in the temperature of the inlet and outlet pipes to the cooler (if they are still in the radiator), after a short drive.

Overhot transmission oil will not last too long!

#6 ·
XRfpv8

U may be correct, It didnt happen last night, but tonight i had the heater on hot and feet and it heated up within 10 mins.

Can some people experiment by feeling the center consol to th right of the tissue box in front of were your left knee rests

cheers
Red

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.