Ford Forums banner

E150 Fuel Accumulation in Cylinder

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  89F150 
G
#1 ·
I have a 1993 E150 with a 5.8L, that left me stranded at the store. The engine would turn but would not start. Upon changed the fuel filter, oil and oil filter, I found that the oil had gasoline in it. I took out two spark plugs and fuel came out of one.

This is the first time that this has happened to me. I plan to replace the fuel injectors, can anyone recommend replacement fuel injectors that can help increase fuel economy? Secondly should I replace the fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks,

JHMacias

Outside of Chilton, is there a step by step description of getting to the fuel injectors? ;-)

#3 ·
honestly i cant tell you that there isnt an injector that would increase fuel economy i have never heard of putting a smaller injector in.
everyone always wants to put injectors in with more volume so they can boost performance. my opinion on a lesser amount of fuel being injected is that this would be bad as the computer monitors the fuel and air ratios anyway. and with a 351 cu in engine the last thing you want is a lean fuel ratio.
i say if you want to increase fuel economy put a high performance air filter on and remove the factory exhaust and this will show the best results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.