Ford Forums banner

What price for AU XR6.....?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  XR_Strider_GuY 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just wondering of i go to sell my XR6, what price range should i be looking at? Specs are;

1998 AU XR6
Galaxy Blue
Manual
96 500km on the clock
Full Tickford Bodykit & Bi-Wing
JVC MP3 Player with Graphical Colour Display
2.5inch Mandrel Exhuast & Hurricane Extractors
SS Cold Air Induction Kit & K&N Filter
JMM Stage 4 Cam.
Dropped with King Springs
17inch ROH Fury Mags (Shadow Chrome) with New Falkren Tyres
XR Floor Mats & Re-badge with new XR6 Logo's.

Ill start with around $24k on it, & work around that. Just seeing what other people's opinions are. :s6:

Cheers

Memphis.

See less See more
#3 ·
The Marketplace would be a better forum to post this in ;)

You'd have more luck with potential buyers. Good luck with the sale though!

-Dave-

#6 ·
Do a search of Carpoint, Carsales and Trading Post Online and check out the competition.

I recently tried to sell mine. It's a standard AU1 XR6 with series 2 XR 17" rims but had higher K's on the clock than most of the others. $19,000 and no bites!!! Decided to keep it rather than give it away.

Sorry to say this but you've got no hope, it's a buyers market for used cars. Still, give it a go, you've got nothing to lose.

#7 ·
Bearman - exactly the reason I'm keeping mine. Not that I've tried to sell it, but It's worth more to me than just the money. I reckon I'd be lucky to get $20k for mine, but it owes me more like $40k and is still a great car.

One of these days I'm going to S/C or Turbo it.

#8 ·
Re: Re: What price for AU XR6.....?

Bearman said:
it's a buyers market for used cars.
Tell me about it! :fraz:

-Dave-

#9 ·
If you want variation the AU2 Ghia is basicly a VCT XR6 with lots of goodies. (climate control, 6stacker, leather, wheel, alloy spare)
The standard suspension is about half way between XR & Std, XR suspension is available for $1200 (sports pak).

There are lots of these ex public service at the auctions for 20k +/-.
The VCT & Ghia have IRS so they handle better but weigh more.

#10 ·
memphis,

Simply putting specs doesn't do it's justice for a car price. Maybe i'm the minority here but i would pay up to $4k more than market price if the car is in immaculate condition (And yes i'm picky with cars).
Combine that and what kind of buyer you have will determine the price. However if it's a dealer tradin they will tend to use ballpark figures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.