Ford Forums banner

Whats the 0-100 and 1/4 time for the XR8 ute?

10K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
Anybody know?

#8 ·
Probly different gearing between the utes an sedans wich makin the differance i would reckon.

#10 ·
Pursuit runs 3.23 while GT and GT-P run 3.45 rear end.

#13 ·
G'day,

Without sounding like to much of an idiot. Im going to purchase an XR8 Ute soon. I just read 'Fordy''s post saying that the 3.45 ratio is an option on the XR8 Ute. Can someone PLEASE explain the difference between that & the standard ratio, which is? :fraz:

Cheers

Aza.

#17 ·
Adding to this guys, has there been any figures on the Turbo ute? Anything i've read has only estimated what the ute can do.

#19 ·
I'm waiting for the 3.7 diffs. All we need is for Ford to put pressure onto Dana Spicer to make 3.7 and 3.9 ratios available for the big diffs. Again the Commodore guys have the 'wood' on us because those ratios are widely available for them.

I find with my Pursuit the 3.23 doesn't give enough revs in fifth when hauling loads up hills on the highway. And the step back to fourth is quite large.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.