Ford Forums banner

Musical Air Horns?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  EFFalcon 
#1 ·
I am thinking about installing a set of musical air horns in my ea falcon like the ones you can buy from supercheap for $50. I will mount them where the air box sits on mpi cars as my car is centre point injected. I have a few questions?
1) Anyone had insurance dramas with air horns.
2) As long as you wire them up seperate to your car horn the cops or transport department can't give you a defect notice. (true or false)

#2 ·
yeah as long as you wire them up separate, you will have no dramas, just dont go using them around cops and stuff.

I currently have a Claxon (off a '28 model ford) where the air box would sit on a MPI, and have it wired up to a boot release switch in the car, and i have had no troubles with it. i will to soon be getting Musical air horns for my ea but mount them in the front bar somewhere.

Cheers.

#3 ·
Anyone just connected the normal 2 trumpet air horn directly to the wires from the existing horn. It is running via a 40amp relay next to the battery so there should't be any drama's. My car horn at the moment just doesn't put out enough sound!

#4 · (Edited)
I got a musical air horn. Got mine from Autobarn. They did it for me. My one has 5 trumpets. It's located just under the coolant holder between the wall and the headers. It's the Cucuracha song. Goes mad esp. in multilevel carparks where it echoes. I have a selector switch mounted in the empty space next to the demister switch. Press the normal horn and use the switch to change horns. Haven't had anything yet but as said above, just be careful around cops. They are allowed to give you a canary if they see it though. I rang VicRoads to check up.

#6 ·
HAHAHA! I was also waiting for a response from someone reminding me of that night! Was a great trip though.

My slogan: "Chapel Street blocked? Call Spaniard, he'll get you all the way through in 10 minutes!"

#7 · (Edited)
But seriously, musical air horns go mad because not many people play them on the roads. The chicks love hearing it but not when they're IN the car. You can really scare the living sh*ts out of someone that is not expecting it (and what a sight to see!). People laugh when you tell them that you've got one and laugh even harder when they hear it coming from your car.

If you like it, go for it but the more trumpets, the more expensive. Good luck.

#8 ·
Re: Re: Musical Air Horns?

NZ said:
I was waiting for you to reply to this! Memories of driving down very narrow back streets in Melb :p
BWAHAHAHAH!
every 5 minutes!
Spaniards is great!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.