Ford Forums banner

G'day Gents

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  astro 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am a newbie to this forum which I found by accident. I have recently purchased my new Black BA Ute here in WA which I will take delivery of in Jan 2004.

Found your discussions interesting and informative and look forward to reading more.

BTW thanks for your discussions on exhausts as I have just got off the phone to my local Herrod agent and have orginised for the full package!

Should make my VY mate very jeleous.....

#2 ·
Jan 2004 - you'll be nervous at christmas!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Aussie Pete said:
Jan 2004 - you'll be nervous at christmas!
Yeah a sleepless, nervous and edgy astro starts the usual Christmas dinner family bust up when he stands up and, spraying bits of turkey, screams "where's my [expletive] ute, [religious character - reported to be son of god] how long must I wait, screw the lot of you I'm outa here..."

Edited by AP:
Expletive and religious references may offend :AAHHH:

#6 ·
Most certainly is the XR8! I have been chomping at the bit already. Have the Boss 260 wallpaper...the screen saver and many wet dreams...my wife even reckons i have mumbled in my sleep.

I have been looking for them on the road here in WA but only a few I have spotted....Most of my mates are VY owners who last night utter the words "so why the F#@% did you buy another Ford mate?" my response "Cause a VY is about is special as a WRX and i dont have to buy shares in Mobil engine oil"

I bought my Car from Lynford and I can say i had nothing but a great buying experience. I can pass on the name of the dude if you like......

#8 ·
Yeah they tried to flog that one to me but I wanted 2004 compliance PLUS the deal is so much sweater if you can hold off to the new year being there is a huge shortage of vehicles available at this time and they are fetching top dollar. I believe that black Ute has been sold now.

I sat with the sales dude and explained to him that i want to drive and buy with no bull.....mamanged to get a very good deal with every option available! Even down to the audio plug in thingy.....

#9 ·
welcome aboard astro, this forum is great and im sure glad i found it recently too. XR8 you lucky bastard:s6: Congratulations mate.

I know how you feel, im waiting on mine too (XR6 though)

All the best,
Matt

#11 ·
Every option. It seems I'm not the only one with that disease.

#12 · (Edited)
Madder said:
Yeah a sleepless, nervous and edgy astro starts the usual Christmas dinner family bust up when he stands up and, spraying bits of turkey, screams "where's my [expletive] ute, [religious character - reported to be son of god] how long must I wait, screw the lot of you I'm outa here..."

Edited by AP:
Expletive and religious references may offend :AAHHH:
Good choice of ute and colour astro, a man of my own taste http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto.php?photo=4299&password=&sort=1&cat=998&page=1 I must apologise for Madder, when you mention ute, X an R and possibly an 8 in the same sentence he does get very excited as we all do. Good luck with the wait mate.

#13 ·
welcome astro great chioce of ute, you will be flying soon...

#14 ·
rod c said:
Good choice of ute and colour astro, a man of my own taste http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto.php?photo=4299&password=&sort=1&cat=998&page=1 I must apologise for Madder, when you mention ute, X an R and possibly an 8 in the same sentence he does get very excited as we all do. Good luck with the wait mate.
Well AP, thanks for reining me in; and rodc jolly good of you to apologize on my behalf; but golly this is the Ute forum and aren't we an uncouth lot by definition? It would seem my foaming at the mouth has nothing to with rabies and everything to do with soap :sb:

#17 ·
Madder:
I was playing with ya mate! Be uncouth as you like, but obvious extreme profanities are edited as a rule on the forums.

#19 ·
astro said:
I bought my Car from Lynford and I can say i had nothing but a great buying experience. I can pass on the name of the dude if you like......
Talk is cheap!
Lets see how it goes once they deliver.
Hopefully you will have no probs but i won't go back to Lynfords ever again.

Good luck.

One thing is for sure and that is that you will enjoy the car.

#22 ·
Hey Astro,
Yeh mate my problems were with delivery.
3 months late.
No prestige sound.
No hard cover.
Small dents here and there.
Not all their fault but they wern't to interested in sorting things out till i hassled them day after day.

But hey they're just salesman and if they were any smarter they wouldn't be working there.

#23 ·
Astro,
By the way here are a couple of pics of my ute.

Since the photos i have had the Herrod zorst fitted and a couple of other small mods done but it slowly getting to where i want it.

One other mod i had done was someone very kindly removed my BEL radar detector from my dash the other night through the driver window mind you while it was up. Wasn't f*&%#n happy Jan. Spent yesterday running around getting new window, tint, and installing.

Car theives and the likes should hung. Bring back the death penalty!!!

#25 ·
I agree....bring back public hangings! A mate just had the security tinting put on his ute for the same reasons...4 broken windows in 2 moths in seperate locations....

Thanks for the advise as i shall be looking for those when i pick it up....I wont take delivery if they play that game...

I too will b go'n for the full zort...herrods headers and twin stainless....i betcha yours turns a few heads with that burbling note? They quoted me 3K for the works at mcenerny ford...is that in the price range u paid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.