Ford Forums banner

cfi to mpfi

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Low Na 
#1 ·
i am thinking of doing the mpfi my problem is i don't know alot about engines are there any mechanics around Ipswich that might be able to do it i rather pay a couple hundred for the parts then going out picking up a mpfi motor and end up paying 4 to 5 hundred for that and o top the mechanics bill to. A friend of mine from up norh got a ea falcon cfi got the parts and payed an extra 150 for the mechanic

What parts do i need?
do i have to change the gearbox to?

any help will do

#2 ·
well im not too sure what needs to be done other than getting rid of that big round thing on the top...

Just do a search on FF and you will find HEAPS of stuff.

#4 ·
am thinking of doing the mpfi my problem is i don't know alot about engines are there any mechanics around Ipswich that might be able to do it i rather pay a couple hundred for the parts then going out picking up a mpfi motor and end up paying 4 to 5 hundred for that and o top the mechanics bill to
Sorry this reply doesn't answer your questiion, but ever heard of a little thing called punctuation? It's pretty frustrating reading a sentence that never ends.... :p

#7 ·
Sounds like your still on the phone hahahahaha j/k :p:p:p

The gear box certainly doesn't haveto be changed, I don;t know on the exact specifics of doing the conversion (hope to do it myself soon ;)) but as FoMoCo4eva said, this topic has been brought up evry second day, you should be able to find what you need by doing a search on FF...

#9 ·
Send galapogas a pm. He has just done this conversion himself, and has a list of all the parts needed. Any mechanic would be able to do it, but I say do it yourself, cause that way, you will learn more about your car, and how it works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.