Ford Forums banner

Murph should thank Skaife?

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  A Reale 
#1 ·
If I was Greg Murphy, I would like to thank MS and HRT for suppling me with a HRT built car, engine etc. I would also like to thank them for supplying the Teams employees, race set up, logistics, marketing, supply contacts. Organising our accomodation and transport arrangements. Fantastic people over at HRT and Holden Motorsport, very generous. Whilst Mark is probably upset at his result, I'm sure he is warm and Fuzzy that his Team has helped Murph and KMR win Bathurst. Great guy and Team. Thanks, and we look forward to your continuing support under our contract for next year :bsr:

#8 ·
FPR_Lowndes said:
I think it was his car not him
Dude thats harsh! - He was the BEST driver over the whole weekend and the results show this. And Rick Kelly got nowhere near Murph's 2:06 in the same car.. Handbag was the man and will be remembered for it. Bring on Indy and another SBR 1-2! :wnc:

#10 ·
Am I the only one who knows if your car is not up to it, you won't be up to it?? Sure Murphy drove well, but it's glaringly obvious if the car was not as good as it was he wouldn't have done so well. That is the SAME car he drove at Oran Park and did murph make it into a winner? No far from it. They've worked hard on that car and made it into a winner, he would not have won in a VS or EL falcon - Bright can't even win in a VX...

#15 ·
JC said:
I don't really think it matters. The way he drove, Murph would have won driving an EL Falcon or a VS commodore!
BS
I agree he drove well, but if you had put him in Mc Conville's car for instance, he would not have won in a pink fit.
There is no doubting that he is a good driver, but if the driver dosnt have the machine underhim, no hope.

Look at Lowndes since he has left HRT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.