Ford Forums banner

Ford Shooting New Ute Advertisement

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Bearman 
#1 ·
From a source at dirtbikeworld.net:

/QUOTE/

Ford have been shooting an add for their new ute this week.
The basic concept of the add is that a couple of blokes go riding with thier yamaha's on the back of the New Ford ute. One bike wont start so they end up racing the one bike that does start agaist the ute. An excavator was brought in to modify section of track and paddock so that the ute could be jumped. Tomorrow they should wind up shooting By jumping one of the bikes into a dam. Who know's what the cut add will look like or when it's due to be released but should make good viewing.

Robbie Marshall's riding one of the bikes and there's a couple of other hotshots out riding for the shoot.

/UNQUOTE/

If Ford had class they'd have used KTM......

(Kidding - the concept sounds great)

#4 ·
Yeah, I didn't even think of the Russell Ingall link until mentioned above. That would have been GREAT - Russ racing an RTV on his KTM.

#10 ·
I reckon its a bloody ripper of an ad!!! About time the marketing people got their acts together and made some great ads for a change. But having said that i think the new GT ad is a bit dull.....

#13 ·
Fordy said:
Saw the ad on the weekend and like it alot probably one of Fords best be the ads.

Its funny how the ute ads seem to be the better ones and Ford seems to sell alot of them if they only picked up the other ads it might contribute to even better sales.

i agree the ute ads are just plain classy....the salt lake one, the BA XR8 one and now the RTV...well done

#14 ·
I laughed so damn hard. Everytime I go for a group ride on my motorbike the Yamaha boys always front up with at least one bike (WR series) that won't start. Go the KTMs!!!!

Good ad Bruce and crew. Top job!

#18 ·
Great add. Just perfect for the RTV!! And the music was very appropriate, Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Chile" albeit a fairly tame version. A reaction to Holden using AC/DC music in their ads??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.