Ford Forums banner

rubbing tire

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  xdub69 
#1 ·
gday just wondering if any of you blokes could help me with a little problem.
i have an xw fairmont with 7-inch 12 slots on the back with 245 eagers and on the drivers side the rear wheels is scraping on the exhaust and inside of the tub (closest to the diff).
is there any simple way to fix this problem??
cheers cam

p.s i can post a photo if it would help.

#2 ·
the most common reason for tyres rubbing is that they dont properly fit the vehicle that they're on....If the tyres scrap the msot when u are going over speed bumps, bumpy roads or when u have the wheels on full lock then u will msot probably have to et ur wheels arches grinded to compensate for the size of the tyre.

Also, another thing it could be, although unlikely, is that ur suspension is shot... a simple way to test this would be to push down each corner of ur vehicle and see how many times it bounces when u let it go... if they boucne longer than ud expect, it may be that ur suspension needs changing

#3 ·
well i jus bought the car recently and i took the tire off and saw it
it doesnt seem to rub anymore due to the tire being rubbed down although it is still safe and is nothin major but still i'd prefer it fixed
it has lowering blocks and the ride side block (where it rubs) isnt entirely str8
could this be the problem maybe???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.