Ford Forums banner

What is your opinion of FPV merchandise?

FPV Merchandise @ SMS

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  krusic 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to the SMS on Friday night. Rushed in to see the new GTHO/FPVT6/whatever but they were all hiding.

Got to sit in a GT, GTP and Pursuit side by side with out a salesman harassing me, sure am glad I bought a GT-P.

Went the the FPV merchandise stand next to the FPV display and asked the cute little blonde behind the counter "Have you got any GT-P stuff?".

Her reply "No we only have Ford here"...... WTF

I replied "No, Ford FPV GT-P, like that orange one over there" pointing at the Blood GT-P on display.

She then then turned to her boss who was beside her and asked "You know what a GT-P is?", he replied "Never heard of it"

I asked who they worked for suspecting they were both 'rent an airhead' temp staff. They replied that they were both employed by the merchandising company that has the rights to FPV product. I asked them a couple of FPVish questions like "What do you think of the Pursuit? and ....... Do you like the FORD Monaro?" They wouldn't know a GT from a Jumbo Jet,

So to FPV staff who read this ..........(Donna, are you there?)

Guys GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER....

Your merchandising people are hopeless. Please spend 10 minutes explaing the sales brochure to them.

It is getting really hard to remain a Ford enthusiest.
P.S. I really want to buy some GT-P stuff.

See less See more
#2 ·
There was a merchandise stand????????? :wtf:

Agreed totally with what you're saying here mate. Just as bad was the Saturday evening shift, not a single person from Ford HQ that I could see - the only people manning the stand were local dealership monkeys, who failed dismally on the first few questions I tried on them.

-------------------------------------------------
Ford/FPV SMS 2003 - SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
-------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
I have to agree. It was totally CRAP. I was looking forward to buying a good FPV jacket or Ford shirt, but what they had on offer was shithouse.

Terrible terrible job ford! I notice HSV had a superior display to theirs also...
Holden knows how to treat their fans :fraz: I noticed alot of HSV shirts, not alot of ford ones. No wonder!

Hell, even VW, jaguar and others had better merchandise!!!!

Get your advertising and merchandising act together ford! Alot of people who stick it out to be loyal would like something to show we're proud :(

#7 ·
Yep was rprepared to spend and came home empty. Very disappointing stand. Didn't really get off on any of the items anyway.

Something I'm noticing is the decreasing amount of simply Ford branded stuff and tastefull clothing that can be worn to places other than race tracks. Anyone know who designs the Ford/FPV&R merchandising?

#9 ·
Pretty poor display at merchandising stand. Ford should take note of HSV in this area.
Was looking forward to buying some stuff as shown in Blueprint yet not available and I might add half the dealers in Sydney have a poor display let alone stock.
As far as FPV stand was concerned, it was great nad had a good chat to an engineer from FPV, and Besnard was around at the same time. Great!
Ford lets stick it to HSV and make it bigger and better for your loyal customers next year.
PS Loved the Territory and would definetely like an Eight Cylinder for my wife, maybe an FPV version????
Regards

#11 ·
i was disappointed too i was hoping to buy some stuff but came away empty handed. Did se a couple of things I'd like to get in the future tho but I was hoping to see a full range. I noticed on the night I was there the most popular merchandise worn by the punters was Ozemail gear there was even more walking around then HRT & it wasn't just the stuff you can get in Target either weird.

#13 ·
I went last Sunday and the display could have been much better.
OK so the focus was on the Fiesta and Territory but overall Ford the effort was piss poor and it showed. Maybe you deserve it. I came back from the Darkside after being discouraged by you before dropping the V8.
Must you keep shooting yourself in the foot !

I haven't bought any FPR gear yet I don't like most of it. The Cat and Ford Credit looks the best at least there's some colour but thats just my opinion.

#14 ·
Our club (ACT branch of FPV - Tickford Club of NSW) went to wagga for the all Ford day last sunday.

On a bright note - we won best club.

On a not similar trend to above, people kept asking me what Tickford and FPV stood for.

I know that Ford bought out Tickford to help address this problem, but it yet appears unsolved - well at least not totally.

Ford need to start pushing FPV branding and urgently. Everyone knows about the kid that looks like his grandma but accelerates like his granddad, and the farmer who buried his old one tonner. And the kid that now fits in a stretched ute come crewcab.

Who can remember one Ford add - with class? the XR6 Turbo add. Your too busy reading the disclaimers on the bottom of the screen!

Come on FPV start some serious advertising!

#17 ·
Holden have fed the general public so much bullshit for so long that people now believe they have the best product . Its just a pity their cars don't last as long as their advertisements and t-shirts.
Ford on the other hand have a better product at the moment but shithouse advertising and marketing .
They could learn a thing or 2 from Holden .

#18 ·
Reading this thread and hearing about the lack of effort put in at the sms by Ford, it is becoming increasingly difficult to stay loyal to the Ford brand when just about everything they do is half-hearted. Especially when we are handing over 50grand+ for a performance vehicles.

Marketing of Ford products in general - ordinary to pathetic

Ford merchandising - ordinary to pathetic

Ford Motor Vehicles (BA) - a step in the right direction, can't wait for BAII. Maybe some more std options.

Ford Customer Service - from my experience, in general, pretty good.

FPV - a step in the right direction but they still haven't nailed it as yet.

FPV customer service - going by what i read on this forum, nuff said.

Ford Motorsport - It has been a huge turn-around this year and finally after getting flogged every year, we are a serious contenders for the championship and bring on 2004, just a shame everyone remembers who won Bathurst and not who came 2nd and 3rd.

#19 ·

Attachments

#20 ·
WOW, some people are hard to please. In the not so long ago past there were hardly any Ford goodies to be found.

I went to the SMS on Wednesday and the merchandise "shack" had heaps of stuff... Yes even FPV / GT stuff, well thats what is on my 2 different polo shirts, garage shirt, and stubbie holder. There were other jackets, sadly the GT fleece lined cold weather killer was not there, best bet to get them from a dealer, I know I did.

The "shack" is staffed by top heavy gear employee's, on the day I visited the "babe" behind the counter knew all about FPV, and informed of the new lines of merchandise that they are now licensed to manufacture. I guess there would be sales people from time time to time that wouldnt know a FPV from a space ship.

Take heart, FORD goodies are finally on the move. Did anyone notice the Ford G-String, go girls......

Regards

Paul

#22 ·
JoeG said:
Guys,

I agree with you, theres not much nice merchandise around. But go here, this has to be the best place on the web for aussie ford clothing etc... They have everything, just keep pushing the next button!!
http://www.shopmotorsport.com.au/shop_results.asp?search_type=catagory&catagory=30
great site, thanks for the link I have it bookmarked now.

Paul V said:
Did anyone notice the Ford G-String, go girls......
Haha I did. I remember this was a regular complaint on FF.

#23 ·
flappist said:
If you can make GT-P stuff, I will buy some.
I just bought some FPV GT-P boxer shorts from K-mart tonight, probably not what you are looking for but there a small amount of stuff around. Also got a GT pair and a Ford Racing pair.

I need to get one of those g-strings for the girlfriend, only wish they would sell them on the official ford merchandise website!

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.