Ford Forums banner

here she is

3K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  gm dstroya 
#1 ·
courtesy of the computer guru TIKFD6

thanks mate

#8 ·
Thanks Guys

Those are 295's up the back, they look pretty wide in the flesh.
History of the car ....... well
I bought it looking pretty much as it does now, probably paid too much, cause I assumed that it was as good overall as it was visibly. WRONG !! Didn't know much about it all back then, but have learnt the hard way and parted with some pretty serious $$ since. To give you an idea -
Rebuilt 9" LSD 3.50:1 powder coated
Rebuilt Top Loader / new shifter
Completely new clutch
4 New cross drilled & slotted rotors
New 4 core triple flow radiator with twin AU thermos & water pump
New alternator 120amp & new starter motor
Recond power steering box with new lines
Completely rewired
Suspension overhauled - new springs/shocks nolathane throughout
Heaps more ..... I stripped the underside of the body and cleaned it up , finishing it off in POR 15 paint so she's like new underneath as well. Fortunately the engine is strong-
650 carb/anti pump up lifters/mild cam/30 thou TRW pistons/blueprinted crank & rods/11 ltr sump pan/2v heads with 4v valves port polish & matchported/accel twin point distrib/race tuned headers into a single 3" pipe.
She's not wild but goes nicely and has a very pleasing note to her.
I've always loved the coupes and just had to have one, but to be honest I never imagined throwing the sort of $$ at it that I have.
Sound familiar ??

#16 ·
that is damn hot xbcoupe, I reckon you should invest in a set of tubs for the rear and bring the rear right down and put a twin system with dumpers at the mufflers!

Just my opinion but nevertheless, thats one fine car mate, keep her clean!

#19 ·
Very very nice indeed. Nice specs on the rebuild also. Unless your going serious drag racing you have set the car up well for a good balance of performance, straightline speed and economy. Certainly won't be left behind by any of the newer V8 models.

Cheers,
Colville

#20 ·
#21 ·
Tough looking beast. Go the XBs!

:bsr:

#25 ·
What a beast!! love the wheels..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.