Ford Forums banner

removable roof racks

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  younggun 
#1 ·
hey guys,

I need some sort of roof racks to put my surf boards (and wake boards) on, but I dont like the look of them, so want something removable.

What have other people bought/improvised with?? any price guides or home inventions would be great! I really want to go tomorrow if possible!

cheers

steve

#2 · (Edited)
has anyone tried those removable FCS 'soft' roof racks or ocean earth 'rap racks' for surf boards?? how are they?

#3 ·
I got some removable one. Cant remember the brand, and i dunno where i put em.

they just attach at the top of the door openings. One runs between front doors, other between rears.
U just tighten em up, and your off.

They work pretty good. I had a big old school wind surfer on it when i went on holidays (800km there). Hasnt left any marks, other than where the windsurfer was dropped on the car by someone.

I dont know how much they cost, dont think they were too bad but.

If i find out the brand ill let ya know.

-Jase

#5 ·
most are removable yes, but how much effort is the thing, most are designed to go on, but not off in 2 seconds, I think younggun want something effective quick to put on and quick to get off without alot of tools and effort.

Dellboy999

#6 ·
Dellboy999 said:
most are removable yes, but how much effort is the thing, most are designed to go on, but not off in 2 seconds, I think younggun want something effective quick to put on and quick to get off without alot of tools and effort.

Dellboy999
yep, just something easy, put on, pull off... so far im leading towards the Rolla sports ones, RRP: $300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.