Ford Forums banner

EA Pedal Box

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  agez_ea 
#1 ·
Hey guys im up for a new Pedal Box in the EA, i wont no the full damage until i check it out or get it checked out....

ive been told the whole dashboard has to come apart to drop the steering column and so forth
has anyone done this job themselves?? obviously the ppl who have done T5 conversions have done this..

is the ea pedal box the same through EA-ED or so on??
What abt XR6/8 pedal Boxes??

Im after any relavent information abt the job
(ie: time, cost involed/any known problems to run into?? etc)
and weather any other Pedal Boxes off other models are stronger or will fit my EA

thanks guys

#3 ·
There's no difference between XR's and the like. I think the ED one is the strongest. I've done 2 T5 conversions and both pedal boxed come from EA's, but they had an ED sticker on them, so they'd been replaced previously.

You are correct that the dash has to come forward and the steering column has to be dropped. As daunting as it seems, it's really not that bad. Just take your time and remember where all the screws came from. Getting a mechanic to do it would cost an arm and a leg! There is heaps of info on here about changing pedal boxes. It'll take about 2-3hrs to do, but allow half a day to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.