Ford Forums banner

T3 kit

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  blinkAU 
#1 ·
I was going to buy an AU1 over the next few weeks but iv read on the ssv site that a T3 kit doesn't fit it. I was wondering what changes would have to be made to a au1 to fit the t3 kit ? I know the bonnet is different but thats about it

#2 ·
Yes, that's about it. All you need is a Series 2/3 bonnet. The front bar fits on after that. There are no problems whatsoever fitting the T3 side skirts and rear bar to an AU Seris 1 Falcon. However, if you have the seris 1 rear wing, and want to replace that with the TS50 wing, you'll be left with an ugly hole on the boot lid due to a previous hole for the brake light wire.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to post pictures.

#3 ·
Thanks HOBTDBZ ill post pics when i get it done. I was going to buy ex-taxi trash that way i can rip out the engine, gearbox and diff and replace them with good stuff. Plus i don't want a nice AU that im gonna rip apart if i got one id be too worried to ever do it. How much is the T3 kit unpainted ? I think id get the TS50 mags first as a big kit with 15" wouldn't look good. How much are the TS50 mags. THanks :)

#4 ·
Would it not be better to just go and get a series 2 XR8 or a V8 AU 1.2.or 3
and put the T3 kit on it, that way you would have a pretty good car as a starting point, as well as when you put the T3 it would look great too....

#7 ·
Have a job now !!! Thought id better get off my lazy ass these holidays before new uni begins. Im not sure if i should by au1 taxi trash and throw in a manual some 18inch wheels and a t3 kit or spend all them money on a good decent AU2 only problem is I can only do one option as when it hits march.. good bye job and hello uni. Any suggestions ??? also ill be catching the train next year and won't really be driving much at all. Im probly leaning towards AU2 mainly for less problems lower km's and i can always add the stuff later.

#10 ·
XTS220 said:
Yeh and if you get a used taxi you will most likely have to replace 50 % of the car, including things like lights and interior. As for mechanical, youll probarly have to replace everything.
Couldn't agree more!!! Hmmm...Herrod leather interior sounds like the perfect solution!

#11 ·
XTS220 said:
Yeh and if you get a used taxi you will most likely have to replace 50 % of the car, including things like lights and interior. As for mechanical, youll probarly have to replace everything.

excellent point!! many people forget this.. if the car has done half a million (or more) kms... think about how many times those doors have been slammed open and shut, how many billion revolutions the tailshaft has done, the condition of the diff, how many millions of killometres of wind have gradually weakend the seals of the head lights... get my drift lol?? sure you can replace, but think of the time and money!!

go au2. (and I can safely say that living in a family with 2 au1 fairmonts and 1 au2 falcon!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.