Ford Forums banner

GTP Stolen - Wheels [Pics]

6K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  blondie100 
#1 ·
On Sunday night, a pack of dirty thieves gained access into the secured car-park at my house and stole my wheels.

Keep a look out for any AU or BA falcons running around with GT-P wheels.
These wheels are ONLY available if you own a GT-P. So I don’t imagine there would be too many floating around the second hand market.

If you happen to spot them on a car, do not approach them. Instead please PM me with the REG, type & color of the car and area. I have been advised by the Victoria Police Organized Motor theft squad who are interested to hear the details of such sightings.

The police told me it was likely the wheels were 'stolen to order' and the thieves were professionals as they ignored the car alarm which was being sounded at the time and also the anti-theft lock nuts which are designed to prevent theft.

The wheels have a special 'data dot' security embedded inside them for easy identification by police.

So keep your eyes 'banana-peeled' for them.

Regards.
Cam

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
GTP 200,

That really is the pits, sorry to read it. What sort of state is the underbody ofGTP in? Didn't frop it I hope, hard to see from the pics.

Good luck and good to see you're dealing with it in a professional manner, just hope that that the plods do the right thing by you.

#5 ·
THIEVING F*CKING C***S!!!!!

Hopefully your beast is not too damaged from their attack!! By hell, wouldn't you just love to catch them in the act...

Just wondering, is the body corporate for your building liable for anything like this, since they are providing what is supposed to be a "secure carpark"?

#6 ·
I have seen an XR6 turbo with GTP rims but they were ordered through the local Ford dealer.

Be careful. You still haven't answered if the beast was injured during the fray.

#8 ·
Dude it breaks my heart to see a BA like that. Hope the catch the bastards!

Look on the bright side, maybe some white 5 spoke OZ Racing 18's are in the pipeline!

Insurance will cover it right?

#9 ·
Deadset I'd love to be a car theft cop... just one chance to beat the living shit out of those bastards. That is the saddest sight I've ever seen. Poor car. I know the guys will all keep a look out for you round Melbourne... but that is definitely something that's hard to trace. I reckon it's worth giving the details of every car you see with them on and chances are it'll be some ghetto BA driving around with a shady looking character. Probably be a lower Faclon AU or BA. Probability that an XR driver or FPV driver bougt them is hopefully pretty low making them easier to catch. Gotta love those data dots. Let's hope they work.

#12 ·
Thanx guys for all your 'eyes'.

While its a bad thing what happened, its good to know that there are a good bunch of blokes (you guys) who will keep those bastards from ever enjoying those wheels as much as I did.

Thanks for your help guys. :)

On the security issue, Ford reckon they must have damaged the rims to get them off the car without the proper locking key and my new factory rims are being 'data dotted' as we speak.

The side skirt is going to be replaced as they missed the proper jack rail underneath and pushed it up with the side skirt.

I'll be building a database of 'legit' GTP rim owners who have legitimatly obtained their rims from GTP owners as i do not wish to point the finger in the wrong direction. "thanx to GTp193"

cam

#14 ·
I didn't know that you could only get GT-P wheels for a GT-P. Is that the same for GT wheel? Because I have seen two cars with those wheels on that weren't GT's or pursuit utes.

#15 ·
GTP 200 said:
On the security issue, Ford reckon they must have damaged the rims to get them off the car without the proper locking key and my new factory rims are being 'data dotted' as we speak.
on the XR's the locking keys are all the same, i was suprised when i picked my car up. there wasn't a key socket to remove the lock nuts salesman said wait a minute he ran out the back and got another said they were all same...
is this not the case for the GT's ???

#16 ·
GTP 200 said:
On the security issue, Ford reckon they must have damaged the rims to get them off the car without the proper locking key .....
cam

Hope they catch those thieving bastards.....

As far as removing lock nuts goes, well it's actually pretty simple to do without damaging the rims... if these ar@#holes knew what they were doing it would probably only take them about an extra 30sec (if that) per wheel to remove the lock nuts, compared to having the proper key socket.

(I recently lost my key socket and had a guy at a mag wheel shop remove the old ones, was pretty shocked at how simple it was.......)

One idea may be to get a set of aftermarket lock nuts as well, although this won't stop them it may take them longer to remove the wheels... also the theives may be expecting only the factory ford size lock nuts and therefore may not bring the equipment nesessary for a different size...??

#17 ·
Cam i know you are very disappointed and i would be too but once you have those side skirts replaced and get the new wheels the GT will be good as gold again and roaring around the streets once more.
I know after talking to you, you will be taking extra precautions and security.
Cheers John

#18 ·
GTP 320 said:
Cam i know you are very disappointed and i would be too but once you have those side skirts replaced and get the new wheels the GT will be good as gold again and roaring around the streets once more.
I know after talking to you, you will be taking extra precautions and security.
Cheers John
Ill be using 5 brands of wheel locking nuts.

It may not stop them in future, but it will certainly make them work hard for it!!!

I also reckon a pet doberman and sawn-off shot gun with security flood lights and live video feed with 24 hr police monitoring and electric razor wire with land mines, a sprincle of quick sand and a dozen bobie traps thrown in for something different.

Am i missing anything? . . . . . oh . . . a new set of wheels would be nice.

cam

#20 ·
GTP 200 said:
I also reckon a pet doberman and sawn-off shot gun with security flood lights and live video feed with 24 hr police monitoring and electric razor wire with land mines, a sprincle of quick sand and a dozen bobie traps thrown in for something different.
Cam,

10 Dobie pups born Tuesday, sure we could work out a special price. Father weighs 45kilos (a bit too heavy) and built like a brick sh%thouse, mother athletic as all hell, both black (not all dobermans are). Geez, even I get scared sometimes when they come running at me in the dark. We're thinking of keeping one ourselves, gonna be beauties. Don't need to be trained to guard as they are naturally very protective of people and property, and also love their rides (especially if it rumbles). They definitely need to be trained to behave themselves though. Great peace of mind for me and Mrs Madder. Pity you live in an apartment...

Anyway don't let it get you down, unfortunate price of car ownership in this day and age, along with speeding fines.

Keep on sloggin!
Jason

#21 ·
Am i missing anything?
Claymores, dont forget the claymores.

The best know crowd dispersing tool short of a 2000lb cluster bomb.
Just be carful though, if you can read the warning label your standing in the "I shouldnt be here" zone.

anyhow, we're all still looking (my wife thinks I'm nuts, I keep looking ate every AU/BA's wheels).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.