Ford Forums banner

Territory exterior

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  carazy 
#1 ·
Wasn't sure where to start a Territory thread, so it ended up here.

Anyhoo, saw some pics from the Sydney Motor Show, I believe. The silver interior cut-out Territory seemed to be the high-end model (leather trim), and there was also a bright green over silver Territory, which appeared to be the base model (link - http://www.automotivepersonnel.com.au/news/102003/img/031020_2_0005.jpg).

I was just curious if anyone knew whether the two-tone paint job would be standard for the base model? The green over silver looked bloody atrocious, IMO. It wasn't so much the colours, but the division line between the two colours. It looks like it's had a front-ender and they couldn't find a green bumper, so they threw a silver one on instead.

And the worst part is, it looks like it's painted silver, not just bare grey plastic. So you're paying for the layer of paint, but it's not the right colour! I hope that two-tone is going to be an option at best. I certainly can't afford a high-spec one, and if two-tone is all that's available at base-level, I'll be reconsidering my financial plan for June '04...

#4 ·
I can't remember for sure, but I think the base models will have the two-toned look just simply because they are the base models (don't quote me, I can't remember). That look for the Green on Silver one is not a good one....I have seen other pics where it doesn't look too bad...but I still wouldn't like it. I have always hated that look, just simply by looking at the Escapes/Tributes.

#5 ·
A Ford Press release has stated;

Entry model: Painted accent color bumpers and mouldings

High Series: Full body color coded bumpers and mouldings

Seems people either really like or really dislike the 2-tone effect. I reckon it works with some colours (like black) but not with others (including that green).

Of the 2 on display at the SMS I'd choose the colour coded Silver one anyday.
<= just like that one!

#6 ·
I agree RAPTOR...the two-tone shouldn't be thought of on some colours...but on the Silver it doesn't look too bad. Does anyone have a picture of a Black one? I haven't seen it in black yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.