Ford Forums banner

Broke the Fairlane last night...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  GreenMachine 
#1 ·
Driving home from Puckapunyal last night at about 11:00pm I went head to head with a roo and lost. It makes it the 6th roo that I've hit and the novelty has well and truely worn off. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I've had it quoted at a few places and it going to cost me about $700 to repair the damage. Not too bad but it's still money that I can't really afford. I'm going back there tonight to try and find some of my missing parts...

#2 ·
Vandy said:
Driving home from Puckapunyal last night at about 11:00pm I went head to head with a roo and lost. It makes it the 6th roo that I've hit and the novelty has well and truely worn off. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I've had it quoted at a few places and it going to cost me about $700 to repair the damage. Not too bad but it's still money that I can't really afford. I'm going back there tonight to try and find some of my missing parts...

woah dude, you hit a roo with an NL, and the repair bill is only $700. i think you got out bloody lightly:p

good to see that you and the car got out of it fairly safely

#4 ·
hmmm... insurance doesnt cover it???
my bro hit a roo on his motor bike at 80 klicks and broke his collarbone, he works as a truck driver at night?mornin and now he hits as many as he can between the white lines... and then some!!! sorry to hear about your car... its somethin i dread.

#5 ·
damn, sorry to hear mate :(
that does seem pretty cheap, my roof and bonnet (new bonnet) cost $900 to fix up and it wasnt much damage :eek:

#6 ·
Luckily both headlights survived and there was no panel damage. The front bar is rooted, as is the left cornering light and indicator. Thankfully it was a low hit so the damage was limited.

I spent half an hour on the side of the road with a torch and still couldn't find the bloody thing, so it must be one of those new fangled "Phantom Roos"...

#8 ·
The RACV tested them and said no.

There are electronic ones that work but they are fairly expensive. They look like a small speed camera mounted to the front of your car.

#9 ·
a mate with a .303 in the passengers seat (or perched on the bullbar/roof racks, whatever) does wonders for the kangaroo problem

#10 ·
BlackSnakeEA said:
a mate with a .303 in the passengers seat (or perched on the bullbar/roof racks, whatever) does wonders for the kangaroo problem
I wont say how i know, but i can personaly vouch 100% for this method.

Also shotguns at closer range (read slower speeds) works almost as well.

#12 ·
shotguns tend to just annoy kangaroos... a good solid lead injection is the safest method...

don't try this at home...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.