Ford Forums banner

Body Kits... Would you bother?

6K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  coxy321 
#1 ·
Hey all.
I'll be spraying my car soon and due to some damage by the careless thug that trucked my car when I first got it the rear bumper has a chunk of plastic missing and will need replacing.
Also with the front I'll be fitting an intercooler and May have to fit a custom bar to fit it in correctly and still allow enough flow for the radiator.
I am of to minds with this either a really long narrow cooler or a big radiator size one.
I may just make the cooler fit it and drive it to a body shop to get a custom bar made (around $400 unpainted)

Anyway what do you all think when it comes to body kitting the Eseries falcon? Yay or Nay? Also if you have. Why

#2 ·
Body Kit... Yes!!!

Eseries cars are too grandpa spec when it comes to looks (especially the EF and EL), and a bodykit sets it apart from the rest.
In most cases a fully kitted (and worked) eseries puts the old crummydore back in its box when put side by side. However if you cant afford it, an after-market body kit is'nt really worth it. Although seeing that u are respraying the car and getting it fixed anyway, now would be your best time to do it.

anyway, thats just my AU$0.02 :)

#4 ·
yeah my problem is that I'm equally itchy.
I'm itching to get my car looking good and I'm itching to get my turbo setup on the car.
I want to get the body done first and I want it right but the kit will delay the setup a bit.
I may just fit the cooler first so I can make sure the front bar will fit with it correctly.
This means I'll be driving a poser car for a few months but oh well...

#6 ·
I Personally love the clean look of a Eseries Ford, with the EA-ED maybe something non intrusive like a Scorcher kit/Tickford bobtail spoiler

On the EF/EL, I'd go with either the tickford kit sans the rear wing, or the GT kit but with a different grille.

But its each to their own. Do you want a racer look, or wanna go with more of a sleeper look?

#7 ·
I'd rather it be as stock as possible at the back but I'm throwing some ideas around for front end designs. Will most likely go the moffet design at the front but I need to make sure it looks ok with some photochopping first.
May just go a custom front bar that looks stock but fits my cooler and replace the rear bar with another stock one (at least this will cost FA)

#9 ·
ive got an XR lip , and thats where im going to leave it.....the kits out there for the E series just dont do much for me..

James

#10 ·
slightly off topic, i thnik the high rear spoilers on fairlanes look dodgy as, but im about to make my own lip style one, fairly long like on the EA SVO's. ive seen a couple of pics of them on the car and they look awesome, especially on a lowered fairlane.

back to topic, the scorcher bar would look awesome with a cooler in the opening, and there not too far away from a stock bar, htey just have a different look about them. also, some sydney kit company was actually doing the scorcher kit, which would make it fairly easy and cost effective to get hold of. perhaps someone has details of this place

#14 ·
I've got a bodykit on my ED; it was on the car when i brought it & i quite like the look of it but if I was doing one up I don't think I'd bother fitting a kit I think I'd go for the low & clean look with just A lip spioler on the boot. Having said all that doesn't the EBGT bodykit look great.

#15 ·
YES,YES,YES the EF/L stock looks too granny type,and they always look nice with a subtle kit,the intercooler is a good idea,i'd be asking around on what best suits the car etc.

custom front bar i would of thought cost a tadd more then 400? i must be looking at the wrong shops then *winks*

#17 ·
peeps I already have 16"s on the car

This is what it looks like now.
(In my Backyard)

And a front shot for any happy go lucky photoshoppers out there.

No I never plan on fitting a spoiler and I can find any rear ends that would actully look good at all (and allow me to keep my tow bar)

BTW the custom front bar price is unpainted.

#18 ·
I know the problem. I would love a Scorcher front and rear bar, however it would require me removing my towbar which is out of the question seeing its the only car arround (home) with a towbar.

#19 ·
When my car was rear ended I put a tow bar on it while the bumper was off. Stupid me. The toung didnt clear the rear bar and I had to let them cut a small section out. With the tounge off you hardley notice it anyway so its all good. Just a PITA to bolt it on when i need it.

#22 ·
My opinion is that bodykits are just another part of the car to have trouble with. Don't get me wrong, some of them look sh!t hot, but i can't really see any other purpose for them.

They catch on speed-bumps, gutters, scoop up roadkill etc. I reckon that the E-sereies are drop dead sexy. You just cant beat a nice clean looking car thats been lowered, got 17's, and has smooth body lines. Smart, smooth, and FAR better than a conformadore!!

By the way, has anyone here looked at/seen, or got prices on the 17x7.5 inch BA style wheels with the EA - EL offset??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.