Ford Forums banner

Lpg

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  oneredED 
#1 ·
I’ve decided to remove the LPG System in my car. Can my mechanic do this for me or do I have to take it to a licensed person to do it? Also, what is the weight of a LPG tank, will the rear of my car become higher significantly or hardly noticeable? Thanks

#2 ·
a FULL LPG tank with 60litres of LPG will weigh approx 60kg including the tank. it makes a slight difference.
it changes the rear of my car by about an inch :eek:

#4 ·
yeah i do, just in a box in the boot, side of the boot currently, its not secured down or anything.

#6 ·
does it sound good though. i was gonna do the same, but i thought it would lose it's "kick" (i don't listen to much doof-doof techno, i just wanted a bit more depth of sound)
you mustn't have much boot space! and doesn't it bounce around in the boot a bit if your driving gets spirited?

#7 ·
I had mine bolted down to the side of the boot, facing to one side. The LPG tank doesnt take away that much sound, though of course i cant do a direct comparison. With the side mount and a reasonably small box i lost less than half of the boot. Currently i have a 4 cubic foot box taking up the whole boot... heh heh heh ;)

Walkinshaw did a spare wheel well install and lost no boot space, but youd have to be careful of the sub if you put things in the boot.

Jase

#8 ·
sounds fine, i only did it to get the bass notes, never push my sound system to the limits, its just nice to have soemthing producing some bass, i find its deffinately worth it.

#10 ·
well it looks like somebody is gonna have to go get a clarion amp and 12" sub to go with the clarion head unit in his ED... :hehe:

jared

PS sorry for stealing this thread. kinda got off track...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.