Ford Forums banner

Help find 17 inch wheels for blueovals car today!

7K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  bucknaked 
#1 ·
I just got the nod from the mrs to buy some 17' rims for my car!!! W00t :fluffy:

I just need to know opinions on what to get as I have a strict budget of about $1200 which will have to include tyres. yeah yeah I know its probably impossible but Im gonna try.

My choices are:
AU2 XR copies
ELGT copies
Avantek Blades

Opinions please. I would like to buy today or tomorrow as I would like to parade them for the SA Falcon cruise on monday! :hehe:

Any photo shoppers are welcome to match some rims up too from the pics I have on my site (click on EBXR8 link below)

Please hurry!!!

#3 ·
I'd love to but I rang up the tyre factory in Melbourne for a quote on the champagne coloured set with tyres and they want $1700. A little outta my price range unfortunately.

Can you suggest any other wheel brand or type other than the ones I mentioned?

#6 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Personally I think the AU XR wheels look great on any E series, they suit the lines very well.

ROH 'Monaco' (I think thats what they're called) have studs along the outer rim, but they are a 3 piece rim and cost about $400 each :fraz: .

EFFalcon, those rims are ROH 'Envy' - I have them on my EF in 15" size, and they cost me $150 a rim at that size.

#9 ·
man go to the tyre factory and ull get ur el gt's or au2 copies for 1090 with 4 remoulds plus a set of lock nuts all fitted etc.... then afterwards u can save up for proper tyres but the remoulds arent to bad if uve got a heavy foot lolol

#10 ·
EDFPV - I called them up today and they quoted me $1500 with remoulds for a set of elgt's. It was the dandenong branch. Which branch did you get that price quoted from?

#11 ·
my AU2's were $1400 with new tyres.
EL GT's are more then AU2's i *think*

the ROH Envy rims are nice in 17's.

#12 ·
i got em from factory direct sorry lol i always get them mixed up the 1 in thommo basically its $200 per rims plus $70 per tyre

#16 ·
Well I gave Factory Direct, Thomastown a call. Spoke to John and he said the cheapest he could for ELGT copies with Remoulds (not retreads or recaps) was $1350+$100 frieght inc. locknuts & caps. For the AU2 XR copies with remoulds inc. locknuts & caps, Im looking at $1200 + $100 freight.

What should I do? I know everyone on here has those wheels (AU2) but noone I know in Adelaide has them. So I guess I would be the first if that was the case.

Please tell me whats the best? I like both of those rims.

#19 ·
thanks for the support back2thefutura. The more I think about it and look at examples like butters car or daves white ed, the more I like the AU2's. I do realise that the members on here have those rims but there is noone in Adelaide that I have seen with those rims without doing major mods to change to AU suspension.

I do like the ELGT rims alot, but initially I wanted something very similar to what I have on the car already. i.e. factory EBXR8 rims. The reason being, I didnt want to attract too much attention to the car with flashy big 18's and the such. And as much as I'd like to spend on a REALLY NICE set of alloys, I just dont see the reason for it when I can get nice enough rims that still make people look twice and not pay double, even triple the price.

And as much as I hate the thought of remoulds, it'll pass until I can afford to get new decent tyres for the beast.

Am I thinking correct?

#22 ·
old tyres recycled to form new tyres.

if you like the look of AU2's. get em.
i'm still happy with mine and if i were still lookin' to purchase mags it'd be a hard choice. Even if i see another E-Series with AU2 mags on it, i have a good look at em!
i see maybe one other car with them each week (except the guy with the NA that lives around the corner with them)

#23 ·
EFFalcon said:
old tyres recycled to form new tyres.

if you like the look of AU2's. get em.
i'm still happy with mine and if i were still lookin' to purchase mags it'd be a hard choice. Even if i see another E-Series with AU2 mags on it, i have a good look at em!
i see maybe one other car with them each week (except the guy with the NA that lives around the corner with them)
I dont even see that. There was only one car in the whole of Adelaide that I have seen with those rims on an e-series. That was 2 years ago. Not that there isnt a car with those rims, just that i havent seen any.

Im not too sure about the remoulds though. Ive started another thread discussing that exact subject of remoulds in the tyres & wheels section.

#24 ·
Big O Tyres in Sydney has AU2's with rubber for $1090 i believe. I dunno how much for freight. They are advertised on the first few pages of the trading post. Sydney trading post i think it could be. Anyway, even log onto http://www.trading-post.com.au/ might be something there for you. Or check out their site and call them if you have any queries. I know it doesn't help you for the cruise, but its an option.

http://www.bigotyres.com.au

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.