Ford Forums banner

help with smart lock urgent

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NZ 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys

i got my new car yesterday ED fairmont it was running fine untill i put my stereo in it today
now ive checked and double checked all the connections and everything is right but my car won't start
i reckon it's got something to do with smart lock because as in the manual i leave the on in acc mode for 30 mins and after that it starts but if i turn it off it won't start again unless i leave it for another 30 mins someone please help me !!!

#2 ·
Sorry - can't help with your problem. But you might want to update your signature to include the new car...

Have you double checked the wiring for the stereo?? Have you put the old one back in to see if it fixes it the problem?

#4 ·
yeah im pretty sure it was working i checked all the fuses they were all good

#6 ·
Smartlock or Dumblock?

When you have left the car for some time and you turn the key to the run position does the Smartlock Jewel flash a code? An error code will be displayed as a 0.4 on, 0.4 off with 1.6 secs between the code. So code 2 will be Blip, Blip Blip, Blip. A code 4 would be Blip, Blip, Blip, Blip, Blip and so on.... This code will repeat 3 times then the jewel may either display the immobillised state which is 0.1 on, 1.1 off. It could also stay on depending on the error code.

Your courtesy lamp circuit will be fine if the car will actually start.

You need to see if there is a code present before you try to diagnose the problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.