Ford Forums banner

EB XR6: Did I get a good deal?

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  MickyB 
#1 ·
Hi people, I am picking up an EB XR6 on Thusrsday and the details follow, what I want to know is did I get a good deal, I think I did, but would like others opinions.
* 5 speed manual
* black
* tint
* lowered with front end camber kit
* eb gt clear indicators
* 16" ford mags of some description (will post pics as I dont know what type they are)
* 137,000 genuine km's with service history.
The car is in excellent condition with the following items needing attention for the RWC (which I have to get)

* One unRWC tyre
* Needs a new clutch (I think)
* Passenger door keyhole is damaged from break in attempt

I paid $5250 for this car, so I reckon I got a good deal, but can anyone tell me how much a new heavy duty clutch will cost me. Thanks in advance for your feedback guys,

Cheers, Michael

P.S. The reason I agreed to get the rwc is that the owner is leaving to live O/S in about 10 days and simply CBF'D

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a very good deal. Even with the repairs required for the RWC, you should be pretty happy with it. You going to put your 17" AU2 wheels on it?

The 16" wheels sound like the optional tickford wheels, five spoke configuration.

#4 ·
Yeh I am going to put my AU2 Tickfords on it, should look pretty sweet. As for the current wheels, they dont look like that, they have about 5 small gaps at the edge of the rim, kind of like a eb fairmont wheel but without the angles, just 5 even bits cut out of the whole wheel. Hard to explain, but if I saw them again I would know them. Spose I should go for a look in the gallery!

#5 ·
#7 ·
Yep, good get, they are the wheels. What model car are they off and would I get much selling them on their own and whacking some EB2 Ghia Mags on my Gli. Or should I just put them on the Gli and sell it all together?

#9 ·
I agree with EBXR (You'll need to change that when you sell yours you know)

They are desirable and good lookin wheels - keep them unless you must have 17"s. They really suit EA-ED's IMHO and came out on the Sprint as stated.

AU2 lookalikes also look good but not as genuine on an E-series car.

#11 ·
Thanks for the help and advice guys, I will probably put them both on the XR6 and make the decision after that.

#16 ·
Yeh I will get the brothers digicam out on Thursday and post some pics. Sounds like these wheels are a little better than what I first thought, I might keep em both and whack some Ghia alloys on the GLi. As for the Crow Cam I will be taking it out of the GLi as the whole rumbling and shaking doesn't look to good if I am trying to sell the car to a non-petrolhead! I may put it in the XR6 or I may sell it with the adjustable vernier gear, will just wait and see at this stage. Any ideas on the price of a heavy duty clutch for the XR as I am not sure about how much to pay for one of these.

Thanks guys...

#17 ·
now there is a hard decision, AU2 17's or Sprint rims :p
sounds like a nice pickup mate, hope to see it around :D

#18 ·
Good pick up!

A xr6 that wasnt running sold here for a few $ks more than that, at auction :O

Those rims u have are relitively rare aswell

#19 ·
Don't get a heavy duty clutch! You don't need it unless you want muscle cramps in you left leg and want to tear a hole in your firewall. PM Rollin and ask him what the best clutch is, he is a qualified mechanic and has been driving manual falcons for years. His current ride is an EBXR6 the same as yours and he uses some cheapo clutch I think cause its the best and easiest to use. Daiken I think is the name, not sure on the spelling.

#20 ·
you got a deal regardless.. nice job grabbing such a bargain..

#21 ·
Good price!

#22 ·
Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the advice about the clutch, will look out for the Daiken one, the name sounds familiar just not sure how to spell it. Will get some pics up when i get it and then it will be time to throw a few K at it for some decent mods :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.