Ford Forums banner

SBR open day this sat (21st feb 04)

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  xr8 utey 
#1 · (Edited)
SBR open day this sat (21st feb 04) (updated with pics)

here's some info for anyone interested.

EVENT DETAILS
VENUE: Stone Brothers Racing Merchandise Shop

ADDRESS: 20 Binary St, Yatala, Queensland

DATE: Saturday, February 21, 2004

TIME: 10am-2pm

DRIVER APPERANCES: 11am-1pm

WHY: Meet Marcos Ambrose and Russell Ingall, chance to get some great bargains on merchandise.

MORE REASONS: Kids jumping castle, Balloons and sausage sizzle all of which are free!

i'll be there with my dad.

it'll be good to see where the cars are built and see the new liverie, and hopefull meet marcos and russel.

anyone else going??

EDIT: HERES SOME PICS

click here

See less See more
#3 ·
IMPORTANT NOTE:

Anyone from FF attending this Open Day (and there's alot from wht I hear), MUST take a digital camera, excuses will not be tolerated. It is compulsary to take plenty of pictures of the SBR Livery's. The instant you get home from jumping on the kiddie's jumpy castle and flogging all the sausages YOU MUST post all the pictures taken, ASAP!

Thank you hehehehe...

#5 ·
priteshpatel99 said:
IMPORTANT NOTE:

Anyone from FF attending this Open Day (and there's alot from wht I hear), MUST take a digital camera, excuses will not be tolerated. It is compulsary to take plenty of pictures of the SBR Livery's. The instant you get home from jumping on the kiddie's jumpy castle and flogging all the sausages YOU MUST post all the pictures taken, ASAP!

Thank you hehehehe...
Why dont me and you just take a trip over to OZ? you could shout me all costs! cheers man!

#8 ·
Yep I will be heading down there on Saturday & hopefully taking the work digi (after I ask the boss nicely!!!). I went down last year and it was a pretty good day, as Craig Lowndes was at the autobarn down the road. I will post some pics as soon as I get home (after shopping for new subs aswell).

#11 ·
im heading down so are some e series fellas i will be there taking pics,both film n digi,but i'd be buggered if im waiting in a line for a autograph though..

tomorrow high 89% humidity and a top of 41 for brisbane yeah i really wanna be standing around in that... (NOT)

will post pics asap though as i also have another car meet in springwood at mitso dealer
qld car street mag is running that one also a free sausage sizzle etc should anyone know what time they are going i might meet up n say hello..
i'll be the guy with kids by myside with a digi in one hand and a cam corder in the other wearing a trusty ford racing shirt..

#12 ·
i'll be the big guy with his dad, i'll have a digi and a film camera, i'll go in my car it's a red EA falcon, you might notice it because it has dodgy paint, a grandad sunvisor, EB/ED drivers side mirror, a brand spankers EA mirror on the passenger side, ef door handles. if ya see me in the car give us a beep or flash the lights.

i will try and wear one of my ford t-shirts, it'll either be a cortina shirt or a Au XR8 sedan and ute shirt.

i'll also wear my cat racing hat.

so if you see me come and introduce yourself, just say something like, are you fordlover, or im (insert your username here) from the ford forums or something like that.

#18 ·
Thanks dude!

Both SBR Car's look bloody great from what I can see! - Love the white on Ingall's car and they've got rid of the black on Ambrose's machine, looks great!

It looks bloody crowded too, no pic's of the cars without people in the way, mind you I still can't wait to see the front and side profiles of the two SBR cars, so far they look awesome...

#20 ·
i couldnt really get any decent pics of the caltex car, where they had it was difficult to get pics without people standing in the way, but it wasnt as hard to get pirtek pics, it's just that there was so many people there.

russels car looks 100% better than last year. i couldn't get a decent pic of the side of marcos' car with the digi but i got a decent one with the film camera.

when russel was getting some pics taken with the caltex car, he was leaning over the bonnet and my dad said
"all he needs now is a bikinni"

then russel laughed and said
"i only do that at home".

lol.

#23 ·
i only managed filmage of both cars,i have got film of the cars with no one in front of em to spoil the pics if i can find my mate and get him to link the pics in my cam corder etc i'll get em up..

still it was a greta day for deals,$5 hats and shirts $20 for jackets n jumpers n long sleeved shirts now that was worth the heat n the drive with kids in toe..

and to top it off the whole street lined up with fords galore,old n new i was lovin it..

heat was the main factor why i left after a 1hr or so,was too much for the kids...

#24 ·
anyone just wanna grab them pics n put em in here,cause i cant get that link to work for me,its my computer... :p

#26 ·
dayton i tried and it wont let me click the link i click n nothing happens..
i have to type the links in... :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.