Ford Forums banner

ba series 11 info

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  blueovalxfboy 
#1 ·
i have a friend who works at ford who has tld me some info about the series 2. He hasn't lied b4 so I presume this is accurate.

After holdens hfv6 the vct on the ford will be properly utilized and will make either 196kw or 205 kw (400nm -, 100nm per litre) depending on the holden figure. The sole purpose is to outpower holden.
traction control standard on futura
sports susp (ghia spec) a no cost option
xr6 turbo gains same 5 speed as f6 typhoon
new black velour option

he also tells me that fpv has plans for when gen 4 gm v8 comes out
xr8 - gains gt spec motor but for ulp - 280kw - 510nm

gt - 540nm

fpv are testing a bored out v8 (5.8l)

there is also talk of lite weight accessories - bonnet, boot, alloy blocks, ligther seats, front guards but is is very expensive

maybe for the gtho eh?

See less See more
#2 ·
I did'nt know there was a series 11 BA I though they still had'nt annouced the second.
Just Joking...

But the thing you said about Ford trying to outpower Holden does'nt sound right.

#3 ·
But the thing you said about Ford trying to outpower Holden does'nt sound right.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the whole thing about increasing power makes for a better or more enjoyable car necessarily, but there is no doubting many like the bragging rights these upgrades in power offer. So why do you think the claim Ford will boost power across the Falcon range for series 2, doesnt sound right?

I can only imagine Holden owners and Holden themselves will use such claims if the advantage is in their court.

Daniel XR8
P.S. Does anyone else worry about some politician using all these bigger and more powerful engines as an excuse to restart the scare about over powered cars, like they used in the early '70's for votes.

#4 ·
I think most of what he is saying is correct - Id say the Futura will get Traction Control, Side airbags and reverse parking sensors.

Im also assuming that the Fairmont will be deleted soon enough, it really has nothing to offer for the money. The XT may get 16 inch alloy wheels aswell.

As for interior changes id say they will change the instrument clusters a little, maybe change the lighting colours at night time.

Wheels will be changed for sure, and I also think that the Fairmont Ghia and Fairlane Ghia will get proper Foglamps this time, rather then the stupid Turning Lamps they have been playing around with since release.

#5 ·
XTS220 said:
I think most of what he is saying is correct - Id say the Futura will get Traction Control, Side airbags and reverse parking sensors.

Im also assuming that the Fairmont will be deleted soon enough, it really has nothing to offer for the money. The XT may get 16 inch alloy wheels aswell.

As for interior changes id say they will change the instrument clusters a little, maybe change the lighting colours at night time.

Wheels will be changed for sure, and I also think that the Fairmont Ghia and Fairlane Ghia will get proper Foglamps this time, rather then the stupid Turning Lamps they have been playing around with since release.
If the Fairmont goes then I hope the world is swallowed up by the fires of hell, because life certainly wont be worth living!

#7 ·
sorry to have to say this, but if i had a dollar for every single change ive either read about or heard about that is coming with BA II, I'd be rich enough to afford one of the bloody things. And If I was counting the number of times Ive heard potshots at the release date............. :fraz:

Lets just wait and see what happens eh?

#9 ·
If your freind told you all of this then he is in breach of the confidentiality agreement Ford have with their employees.

#10 ·
With the Luxury Pack on the XR range now, you can nearly pick up an XR6 NA with the Luxury Pack for the same price as a Fairmont. I think most companies are heading towards XR's neways to take up the added resale advantage when they go to trade in.

And many of the companies I do fleet finance for have been buying XR Falcons since the BA range was realeased.

#11 ·
Surely if this many people are purchasing XR's then the resale value wouldn't been as high as one would expect it to be due to so many of them being on the road now.

I can see it already when future models are released...
Dealer: "Oh, great another XR"

Also, here's something that might sell... Falcon XT, XR6t motor :p

#15 ·
Apparantly the GT will be 320kW 550Nm to insure the 270kW 550Nm F6 Typhoon doesn't, well, kick its ass. XR8 and XR6 Turbo are staying as-is as far as I know, and the base models aren't changing either. I've heard romours of a 200kW 400Nm version of the Inline-Six going into the n/a XR6 though. That would be nice, differentiate it from the rest a little.

#16 ·
Although we have no way of knowing if these 'facts' are true I'd very much doubt it. Even if they are why not keep them to yourself? Why give the oppisition some possible insight to whats in store? In case you haven't noticed there is a public announcement at the top of each forum about confidential information. Theres already been an instance just recently where this type of info was posted about the Typhoon and had to be removed. The guy who posted it actually got threatened to be sued by FPV if any of you follow the other forums he post's on.

Ford is very tight with its security. Tell you a little story
I have a few friends within ford myself. I rang one the other day and spoke to him for a while but he was busy and had to call me back. That was all fine. When he called me back a number came up that was not his personal line as it usually shows private. I thought it was strange but discounted it. Later that day my phone rang twice then stopped. I pressed #21 or whatever that number is to give you the last number called, dialed the number and got Ford Security. So they go to the lenghts of monitoring phonecalls and emails. So I'd dare say they will browse these very forums.

So if you want to post this sort of information saying its the real thing then why not spare a thought for Ford who try to keep things under wraps, and spare a thought for your friend who obviously entrusted you.

#17 ·
NZ said:
Ford is very tight with its security. Tell you a little story
I have a few friends within ford myself. I rang one the other day and spoke to him for a while but he was busy and had to call me back. That was all fine. When he called me back a number came up that was not his personal line as it usually shows private. I thought it was strange but discounted it. Later that day my phone rang twice then stopped. I pressed #21 or whatever that number is to give you the last number called, dialed the number and got Ford Security. So they go to the lenghts of monitoring phonecalls and emails. So I'd dare say they will browse these very forums.

So if you want to post this sort of information saying its the real thing then why not spare a thought for Ford who try to keep things under wraps, and spare a thought for your friend who obviously entrusted you.
Don't get too excited, after office hours many companies with full time security have the phones divert to the gate house.

#18 ·
This wasn't after hours. If its afterhours and the guy isn't working the line comes up as no such number anyway. The same thing had happened to the guys mother and his ex wife when they rung so it's quite obvious calls get monitored. It's an example of the lengths they go to to keep things secret.

#19 ·
Holden proberly knows exactly as much as Ford itself about series II etc, just as Ford no doubt knows a lot about Holdens unreleased products. If Holdens getting it only source of information from fordforums then they would be very confused! Both companies share a lot of parts suppliers, they are in the same industry and go for the same market so they could predict roughly what kind of moves the other would make. Which is what many people do here.. and some are pretty close.

With holden releasing a new engine, I think its highly likely Ford will want to keep a bit of a power and torque advantage in the I6. Given that the typhoon has the VCT units actually working most of the time not just at idle, gives some support that Ford is most likely going to get VCT working fulltime and most likely to get improved power, torque, fuel economy etc.

195Kw and 400Nm sound about right and belivable, easy ~10Kw, and should keep it just ahead of the HFV6. Maybe just for N/A XR6 for now..

Transmission update for XR6T seems right concidering what a bagging its got, also to releave some of the development costs for Typhoon.

A rejigg of the suspension setup, XR range should get a firmer option, and FPV I think should also get somewhat firmer.

add some new colours, trim, equipment levels, options, maybe a redesign for a few interior peices so they are better and its basically a series II..

Lighter bodywork peices also sounds beliveable, ford has played with this before. I guessing it will be a option for the FPV range. Ford already has a alloy 5.4 V8 block they could make it a cost option or standard on the FPV range, allowing for a decent chunk of weight to be removed. A alloy or composite roof/bonnet/guards would also be a cost option lowering the center of gravity, lowering kerb weight, etc.. However if they are going to provide so many light weight parts I would expect a special model, wearing all of those parts (ie like the M3 CSL)..

A new model for FPV, a GT-L? With alloy block, roof, bonnet, guards, rear quarters and boot. Carbon fiber driveshaft, lighter flywheel, alloy diff housing. Removal of some heavy features (aircon optional etc) Weighing ~150Kg-200kg less. Costing $10k more... Supercharger adds the letters HO and removes the L? $10K on top of that? Who knows...

I still think the Turbo Ghia is the car Fords got to have, hopefully in series II. Luxury pack on the XR's is nice, but its still a XR/FPV and thats not what everyone wants. Some people like the idea of a velvet glove and a iron fist and the XR range hasn't quite become as common as to be being the basic car ford makes blending in a supermarket carpark. It still visually tells "look at me! Here I am! Me Fast!". Use some of the mapping from the typhoons engine, ~255kw, 4 speed (6 speed option?) or 5 speed(yes! a manual damit!), premium brakes standard, unique trim, 18" versions of the Ghias alloys, HID highbeams (do it!), more sound deadening, unique ICC colour settings, LSD, black intercooler, no turbo badging. Upon a casual glance it just looks like a Ghia that appears to be a little diffrent, a little lower maybe, wheels a little bigger, a bit sporter, but you can't put your finger on why. Parked next to a XR it would have just as much presence but it visually murmers "I have purpose but I'm not showing you it". Thats why I think Phantom would be a good choice, being a darker colour, even a colour people have seen before on falcons, but not on a Ghia.. Mercury silver, Silhouette, Harvest green (maybe), Luscious, offshore, Phantom and possibly Vixen.. Restricting the colours and adding a manual option (even if its just for the first series and a limited number) adds to it being special. Not Monaro CV8R special, I mean real special.

And its the kind of car that would have a excellent flow on effect for the rest of the Ghias and the rest of the regular ford lineup. Show the Calias for what it really is, a chromed up low tech commodore. Let them fear the dynamically superior, faster, highly refined, technologically superior Ghia.

I don't think the turbo motor will work in the LWB cars. People expect big V8's. a lump in the bonnet will blow cover. Maybe a highpo 5.4 3v engine? Surely 235Kw is possible.

FPV LWB car.. Well that could get away with a lump. But that galaxie thing is the wrong way to go about it IMHO.. It looks crazier than a GT! Certainly less cohesive, there are a bunch of things you could do to make it work better styling wise.

#20 ·
i think people on this forum get a bit carried away with the series 2 thing..

i can beleive what evan has said coz it seems reasonable..

but introducing new models? major power increases? weight reductions??? thing like that cost alot of money to engineer and its a bit too much from a mid model update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.