Ford Forums banner

Chroming Badges

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  sylox 
#1 ·
Currently my car is missing the red xr6 badges and I am thinking of putting them back on but getting them chromed first. I have had a quote from a place in sydney to get them done for $45 each. This includes the falcon badge that is on the boot.

I have the option of putting the BA xr6 badges on but leaving off the 6 as the BA badge is too big to fit on the boot and im not putting ba badge on sides and AU badge on back.

I would like to put the original badges back on as this would be something different whih was the idea in the first place.

So...anyone done this before? esp in sydney. Who did you go through and anything i need to look out for?

Cheers

#4 ·
I was thinking the same thing sylox. Havent seen one xr with chromed badges. Well soon enough there will be two.

fOrD mAn Xf: those are BA ones and dont fit on the au on the boot in the correct spot. So no good. Plus it is cheaper to get my original badges chromed than it is to buy thos badges.

#6 ·
Ive found them now. I like how they sell you the XR for $19 and the 6 for $12 Making the grand total per badge to be $31.

So im looking at 31 bucks a pop x3 for xr6 badges in silver: $93
But alas no Falcon badge for the au to match in sliver. So that makes it harder. Im not sure the current one will match theses silver badges.

So far im still leaning towards getting them all chromed so they look the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.