Ford Forums banner

servicing turbo...

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  JamesA 
#1 ·
is it true these engines need more regular servicing>?
If so , please detail.
Thanks boyz :sperm:

#7 ·
hi all just one that i dont know many are aware of page 49 of service guide is changing the diff oil at every 7.500k if the vehicle is driven at frequent or prolonged speed not even many dealers know this so check your service manual p49 so yes they can be more expensive cheers greg venomXR6

#9 ·
MorkuzXR6T said:
Same service intervals ... it is a longer service that an NA cause they do intake and exhaust manifold bolt tighten I think it added an extra 50 mins or so I would have to check the manual but it was something like that.
That would of been.. or should of been done during your Pre-Delivery. I work for Ford and know that this isant done and their is no point to it. where did you hear this from?

if it wont make a difference to a NA XT 6 falcon. then it wont make a difference for a XR6 turbo.

#11 ·
venomXR6 said:
hi all just one that i dont know many are aware of page 49 of service guide is changing the diff oil at every 7.500k if the vehicle is driven at frequent or prolonged speed not even many dealers know this so check your service manual p49 so yes they can be more expensive cheers greg venomXR6

Thanks for the info. Checked my manual page 53, It is strange the 7,500 service, otherwise it requires a change of oil every 24 months. This seems to be one extreme to the other. I guess we could comprmise and have it changed at 15,000 regardless. I don't think the amount of diff oil required will break the bank.

#12 · (Edited)
Had time spare so I read the service manual through. XR6 Turbo.

I found that it also mentions that the engine oil is different to the NA XR6. The oil is a different Ford spec and is the same oil used in the Ford gas vehicles.

Something else to be watching when I have my first service.

When the diff oil is changed for the XR6T and XR8 a friction modifier has to be added, so the book says.

And yes the tightening of the inlet and outlet manifold bolts is in there for the Turbo only. 54min as someone prevoiusly mentioned.

#13 ·
[atomic]nexus said:
That would of been.. or should of been done during your Pre-Delivery. I work for Ford and know that this isant done and their is no point to it. where did you hear this from?

if it wont make a difference to a NA XT 6 falcon. then it wont make a difference for a XR6 turbo.
The difference is with the turbo you are obviously running higher mainfold pressures so it makes sense. Especially when you start modding.

#14 ·
Turbo6i said:
i bought a xr6t at 20,000 with no 15k service done to it
hmmmmmmm.........

i've done 22,000 now, and will service it soon.
should coffee ford have had it serviced?
Dude, get is serviced as soon as possible !

I've done just under 1000km in my XR6T, and I'm getting my oil changed at 3,000 which is only supposed to be a "check-up". Better to get all the dirt and crap out early, as leaving this in until 15k can do damage.

WOuldn't risk it if I was you....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.