Ford Forums banner

Eb Xr8

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
I am thinking of upgrading my EA falcon S to an EB XR8 Sprint. Is there anything i should know about EB XR8's before i buy one?
anyone's input would be appreciated.

#2 ·
afaik it will be a XR8, not a sprint - sprints were a limited ED run.

Mostly its general stuff, check for rust (generally), accident damage, and signs that things have been maintained well.
Check coolant is good, and check hoses for deteriation. Unless replaced, a lot of the hoses could be nearing the end of their life. While not immensely expensive to replace, it still hurts a bit, but the most painful is they usually leave you somewhere annoying on the side of the road :p Not that I'm bitter or anything :) hehe
Its all fairly normal stuff, check everything works (a/c, lights, heater, radio etc etc).

It will be a fun car, but NOT fuel efficient. If stock, many I6's will be quicker. It will also be more expensive to upgrade performance on than I6's will be as well... Generally they are more fun (imo), but more expensive to boot.

#4 ·
Yes I do have an ED sprint for sale. http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=59634 A couple of things about the Sprint ( NOT the std xr8 ) It uses LESS fuel than the EF fairmont I have ( 4.0 auto ) and goes a shyteload faster.
It's very close to standard and no standard E series 6 pack will beat it.
In my opinion the Sprint should have been the standard XR8 and the Sprint somethng even better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.