Ford Forums banner

Bloody air con.

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  XRated 
#1 ·
Okay, surely some of you other EA-ED (maybe EF-EL) owners have experienced the same problems with your air con.

I will cut to the chase: I get in my car today and it's a bit bloody hot. So naturally the window goes down and I switch on the air con - it was currently turned off (temp. switch was on cold and the button to choose where the cool air comes out of is set on the normal outlets - to the face).

Anyway, the air isn't coming out of where it says and instead is blowing onto the windows (demist setting). So I think to myself it is probably just not clicked in properly or something... So I try sliding it from feet, to face to window etc. but it still just remains blowing air onto the windows... Ahhh feck it! I can't get air blowing out onto my face!

What is the bloody problem?

#2 ·
I had a similar problem a few years ago. do u really want to know how much it cost!!!

na, i wont tell ya, well hopefully its not the same problem as i had!!!

well i cant find the reciept, but it was a few hundred dollars, and i had to get a new control panel for the aircon, as it wouldnt change where it came from when we used the slidey thing

I hope u dont have the same problem. mine problem was fixed through ford, so theres an arm and a leg. i no i have seen a million at the wreckers in brissie. if thats the problems, and u cant find one, let me know and i will get one for you

if you know someone with the same A/C setup, try and get their A/C Control Panel thing, and try it

#3 ·
Yeah my aircon is rooted.

A/C number one is stuffed, needs a regas.

A/C number two is almost gone, plays up when I put the driver's side window down. Reg is on it's last legs :(

#4 ·
Check the vacuum supply first, also that little cluster of multicoloured hoses behind the glove box. The functions are all vacuum controlled and this is the most common trouble.

#5 ·
My fairlane has simply problems before as well, found out was a lose vacuum hose, connect that and all the control is back. Go figure!

#7 ·
Check the black vacuum hose that comes out of the back of the manifold. It just pushes into a little rubber thing. Mine used to pop out on my EB a fair bit, makes the car idle a little higher as well.

#8 ·
Thanks guys, I will stuff around with it when I get some more spare time.

EAII_Fairmont said:
Check the black vacuum hose that comes out of the back of the manifold. It just pushes into a little rubber thing. Mine used to pop out on my EB a fair bit, makes the car idle a little higher as well.
Can you point this out exactly please? I did wipe down the engine the other day and that's when it stopped working, so it sound like a possibility.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.