Ford Forums banner

CHI manifold

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  brenx 
#1 ·
I've just had word that CHI's manifold is looking like being released next month sometime.

Brenden

#3 ·
xacoupe said:
Do you have any details brenden?? Pics or such.
Be interesting to see how it compares on a dyno to other things like Strip Dominators, TFC, FW and such
It's similar to a TFC but a lower design. I've never seen the final product though. It could look totally different know. It flows marginally better than a TFC on CHI heads. It's 1" taller than a Weiand Xcellerator. The price isn't for the faint hearted either. Yes, it aint cheap.

The port sizes are similar to that off a Wieand Xcellerator 2V. As 2V Wieand Xcellertor ports almost match up to the CHI perfectly. The floor is about 1mm too low in the manifold. Nothing filling doesn't fix but then again as speed fuel etc running accross the top of the runner anyway.

I'll be doing a 1/4 with the Xcellerator then swapping over to the CHI. So I'll have real time tests.

Brenden

#4 ·
Just reviving a post from the dead. CHI manifolds willl be available very very very shortly. If someone gives me the cash for one? I'd more than likely have one next week ;)

I am going to bust my balls so I can get one. The Wieand Xcellertor 2V isn't a bad port match but the CHI is perfectly matched. The Wieands ports are damn close though

Brenden

#7 ·
As stated the CHI manifolds are here. Yes, John did make them to suit cast iron heads also. Basically he covered Cleveland (iron/alloy), both cleveland 9.2 and 9.5 deck heights and Windsor also. There is two different manifolds 1 for Holley setups and 1 for dominator carb setups.

<--Pic courtesy of CHI (see http://www.chiheads.com for more info)

Cost $700AUD

As you can see yes it'll pop my carb out of the bonnet. hehehe ;)

Brenden

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.