Ford Forums banner

T3's versus BA's at WSID

4K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Noddy 
#1 ·
OK all you BA owners out there, its time to put up or shut up!

Here's the challenge. WSID this Good Friday day/night meet.:wnc:

Don't sit at home eating smoked cod for Easter, come down to WSID and have a Four & Twenty in between runs against some T3's:AAHHH:

sbutler:angel: (Venom Red) and I :rocket: (Meteorite Grey) will make the pilgramage down to the creek and show you BA guys just what a good thing thing the T Series still is and after that we'll flog some Crappodores.:bash:

All other T Series and AU owners prepared to fly the flag welcome.

Go to www.wsid.com.au for details. $45 for entrants & $15 for pit crew/spectators

Be there or b square. Lets make this a Ford event with a good showing.

#2 ·
Us BA GT owners do not have to take any challengers we have already won just ask FORD and the PUBLIC.I'll shut up now.

#3 ·
No takers?? I thought so...... he he he

#5 ·
FPVGT said:
Us BA GT owners do not have to take any challengers we have already won just ask FORD and the PUBLIC.I'll shut up now.
FPVGT,
Since you don't show your location (and that's your perogative) and you responded to the post I'll assume you are from NSW. If legally drag racing your BA is not your thing, that's OK. Maybe you could come along and add to the atmosphere and enjoy the social side of meeting some like minded owners.

Your southern cousins obviously don't agree with you as evidenced by the threads on this forum where it can be seen that at least some BA owners get out to Heathcote and Calder to enjoy their cars even if some of them get beat by a dead stock T3 auto from their part of the world.

BA owners already know T Series beat BA's on the track (and I'm not just talking about GT Production cars) so here is a challenge where you have half a chance because you don't have to stop the thing quickly or go round corners to win. Everyone acknowledges the BA has heaps of grunt and pulls like a train in a straight line so lets get a bit of social interaction happening in a motorsport atmosphere.

Be seeing ya (in the rear vision mirror):wnc:

#6 ·
The guys have been running at Calder every friday night for quite a few fridays now...

and here you are offering a challenge, of all days.... on a GOOD FRIDAY long weekend?

I'm sure the boys will be down at Calder again the Friday after...why not just meet em there? I'm hoping to go down for my first run in a couple of Fridays... :eek:)

#7 ·
fullthrottle said:
The guys have been running at Calder every friday night for quite a few fridays now...

and here you are offering a challenge, of all days.... on a GOOD FRIDAY long weekend?

I'm sure the boys will be down at Calder again the Friday after...why not just meet em there? I'm hoping to go down for my first run in a couple of Fridays... :eek:)
fullthrottle,
You must be joking! Where are you from, Albury? It's far enough from Central Coast to EC without going to Calder.

Why go all that way to a clapped out facility (read the threads - timing boards don't work - no ink in the printer so can't read your slip) when we have a new world class facility in Sydney!!!!!!!!

Easter Friday might not suit some, granted. But night meets don't suit others either when you have to be there by late arvo to get a run.

#8 ·
shaynet said:
FPVGT,
Since you don't show your location (and that's your perogative) and you responded to the post I'll assume you are from NSW. If legally drag racing your BA is not your thing, that's OK. Maybe you could come along and add to the atmosphere and enjoy the social side of meeting some like minded owners.

Your southern cousins obviously don't agree with you as evidenced by the threads on this forum where it can be seen that at least some BA owners get out to Heathcote and Calder to enjoy their cars even if some of them get beat by a dead stock T3 auto from their part of the world.

BA owners already know T Series beat BA's on the track (and I'm not just talking about GT Production cars) so here is a challenge where you have half a chance because you don't have to stop the thing quickly or go round corners to win. Everyone acknowledges the BA has heaps of grunt and pulls like a train in a straight line so lets get a bit of social interaction happening in a motorsport atmosphere.

Be seeing ya (in the rear vision mirror):wnc:
Shaynet i'm from VIC mate and do use the car for a fair bit of track work.I usually go out to Calder for a bit of a work out.You must have a lot of mirrors on the front of the T3.Personally i'm not even interested in 13 sec passess 10's and 11's then there would be something to talk about.Both cars are great and yes the T3 is a very quick car on and of the track.I hope you guys have a good day out there and keep us posted on the results.

#10 ·
shaynet said:
Any Sydney starters for this event?
Well what do ya think of that? Looks like we are the only ones going. So it'll be T3s at 20 paces.HA HA

#11 ·
Shaynet You've got a T-Series but an XE in your avatar?

#13 ·
Cobra said:
Shaynet You've got a T-Series but an XE in your avatar?
It's an XD ESP actually (pics a bit small so its hard to tell)

Only got the T3 recently so I will stick with the XD avatar. I like all the smoke in the background.

Don't have a shot of the T3 like that, but will after WSID on Good Friday. All Fridays are good, but this one will be especially good!

Shayne

#14 ·
I wasn't sure if it was an XD or an XE, but I'm a liar that's why I'll use the excuse that I meant to press the D as it's just below the E.

And I also didn't realise that was smoke behind it. I thought it was in front of a white wall! LOL. Nice work, good burnout!

#15 ·
Well i was there between 5.30 and 8.30 and saw stuff all BA's (so dissapointing), i did see two 6 turbo's (nice), no BA XR8's!!!??? (sucked) A very nice black T3. But thats about it:(

We need more late model fords out there!

Cheers
Jim

#16 ·
How were the times? Did the T3's do some nice 13 second passes? What about the Turbos? How quick were they?

#17 ·
Ok im back. This was my first time at the drags and I was struggling a little.Shaynet was too but I ll let him tell ya about that. We were the only two T3s there, My first run went like this.....dont know what this all means..
R/T.... .374
60ft... .2.638
330ft... .10.078
mph... .77.00
1000ft... .12.741
ET... .14.965 at 101.26 mph or 162.97 kph. I was a bit dissappointed at this, I got bad axle tramp in first so I went for 2nd and bogged down, and wondered how they got 14.1 out of these things when new.Anyway had another go ......
R/T... .356
60ft... .1.995
330ft... .5.785
mph... .80.44
1000ft.. .11.382
ET... .13.591 at 100.43mph or 161.43 kph
I muffed the start a bit on that run too, bogged down in 1st a little & had to have another stab at it.After talking to some hard core Ford racers there, there is no doubt with a few more runs we would of got down to low 13s But I was happy with what the old tech T3 did, It kicked a couple of GTS 300 HSVs, It flogged those Clubsports even some of the hotted up ones And it beat a "Herrod BA XR8" So there we are, my first time & it only hurt a little, dont think Ill be doing that again not enough of a challenge, Next the old T3 and me will be going to Oran Pk to do some circuit racing, Im a bit more familiar with that. Cheers Steve........

#18 ·
sbutler said:
Ok im back. This was my first time at the drags and I was struggling a little.Shaynet was too but I ll let him tell ya about that. We were the only two T3s there, My first run went like this.....dont know what this all means..
R/T.... .374
60ft... .2.638
330ft... .10.078
mph... .77.00
1000ft... .12.741
ET... .14.965 at 101.26 mph or 162.97 kph. I was a bit dissappointed at this, I got bad axle tramp in first so I went for 2nd and bogged down, and wondered how they got 14.1 out of these things when new.Anyway had another go ......
R/T... .356
60ft... .1.995
330ft... .5.785
mph... .80.44
1000ft.. .11.382
ET... .13.591 at 100.43mph or 161.43 kph
I muffed the start a bit on that run too, bogged down in 1st a little & had to have another stab at it.After talking to some hard core Ford racers there, there is no doubt with a few more runs we would of got down to low 13s But I was happy with what the old tech T3 did, It kicked a couple of GTS 300 HSVs, It flogged those Clubsports even some of the hotted up ones And it beat a "Herrod BA XR8" So there we are, my first time & it only hurt a little, dont think Ill be doing that again not enough of a challenge, Next the old T3 and me will be going to Oran Pk to do some circuit racing, Im a bit more familiar with that. Cheers Steve........
Fantastic time Steve, you must be pretty happy with that time, especially being your first time out. A 13.5, i'm heading out to Willowbank on Wensday night so i will post on Thursday. I am keen to hear how Shayne went. :wnc:

#19 ·
13.5 nice. They seem like a nicely packaged quick V8.
Just wondering why I haven't heard much about them back in the days when Holdens were caining the Fords on the road? I only really woke up to these car's performance at Heathcote when there was one running mid to low 14s all day (was a 30 deg day too).

#20 ·
you T3 boys talk the talk but why is it not one is coming to the creek friday 16th for some circiut racing? we are now booked out but have 6 BA GT/GTP's one thats supercharged, two SS crapadores, 3 porsches, 1 mustang, 1 corvette, 2 XR6 Turbos, 2 BA XR8 utes, its going to be a top day. Onlookers are welcome we should be there at midday.I thought you would have come Sbutler for sure to teach us a lesson(not). Maybe next time hey?

Elmer Fudd

#22 ·
BOSSGT said:
you T3 boys talk the talk but why is it not one is coming to the creek friday 16th for some circiut racing? we are now booked out but have 6 BA GT/GTP's one thats supercharged, two SS crapadores, 3 porsches, 1 mustang, 1 corvette, 2 XR6 Turbos, 2 BA XR8 utes, its going to be a top day. Onlookers are welcome we should be there at midday.I thought you would have come Sbutler for sure to teach us a lesson(not). Maybe next time hey?

Elmer Fudd
Sorry Elmer cant make that day, Ill be at Oran Pk with Team GT. But Ill be at the next track day with some brakes to teach you how not to get in the way when my old T3 blows by, and im not "joking" So just let me know when you'll be ready for a spanking. Oh,Ill bring Shaynet down too so we can have a turn at the spanking....ha ha ha....
PS. Believe me Elmer, I dont just talk "as you say"

#23 ·
fullthrottle said:
13.5 nice. They seem like a nicely packaged quick V8.
Just wondering why I haven't heard much about them back in the days when Holdens were caining the Fords on the road?

Holdens might have been flogging Fords in the sales race, But there wasn't a holden that was flogging a T3 on the road.
Motor mag.Feb.2002
TE50 0 to 100. 5.86. 400m 14.18
HSV R8 0 to 100. 6.06. 400m 14.13

Wheels mag March 02
TE50 0 to 100. 6.0. 400m 14.1
HSV R8 0 to 100. 6.5. 400m 14.7
There ya go, not bad for an old boat anker.....

#24 ·
fullthrottle said:
I only really woke up to these car's performance at Heathcote when there was one running mid to low 14s all day (was a 30 deg day too).
Yep that was me in my stock T3(auto).
It was my first time down the 1/4 aswell, my best time was a 14.2

BOSSGT said:
you T3 boys talk the talk but why is it not one is coming to the creek friday 16th for some circiut racing?
Elmer Fudd
One reason might be that the number of T3s on the road is a hell of a lot lower then the BAs.

#25 ·
Also see the thread titled "WSID Results" for my account of the outing.

Yeah, my last two daily drivers were autos so I have some excuse as my other car the ESP with toploader has been off the road mostly over the last few years.

Elmer Fudd, count me in for a track day as this is more up my ally. I'm a better steerer than drag racer and sbutler will vouch for me on that.

Shayne

#26 ·
Elmer Fudd, count me in for a track day as this is more up my ally. I'm a better steerer than drag racer and sbutler will vouch for me on that.

Shayne[/QUOTE]
Yep you can steer pretty well, The biggest hurdle for you is getting out of the pits with all the gear changers. ha ha ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.