Ford Forums banner

So, what's the verdict on Whiteline superlows? See for yourself.

3K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  XRated 
#1 ·
After a very long day for some of us E-Series fellas (especially for Steven ;)) my car now has Whiteline superlows.

Yes, she is still using standard shocks :fraz: with no camber kit :fraz:. Yeah yeah yeah, they're next on my list.

On to the important stuff! The ride height is absolutely perfect! You have no idea how well the car sits until you see it in the flesh!! The front tyre is even with the guard, and the back is about two fingers from the tyres (less than a 1/4 of a tank left). I am worried now how much more it will settle. My cat/exhaust is already scraping so I want to see if anything can be done about getting a slimmer set up or something. I will get more pics later, but for now, here is a before and after pic:

Before

After

See less See more
#3 ·
holy shit, that has settled overnight!
that looks mad mate, now becareful at uni!

#4 ·
Makes it all worth the effort!

#6 ·
The car looks absolutely sensational now. Even though it took 9 hours, the result speaks for itself :) Looks damn fine.
Now you just gotta upgrade that instrument cluster, right? :razz:

#7 ·
Big improvement!

.. how the hell did it take 9 hrs? :)

#8 ·
oooh and price if u dont mind

#9 ·
Front springs were a big pain, dunno why exactly, I was too busy trying to fix a fuel leak :S

#10 · (Edited)
psycho chicken said:
I was too busy trying to fix a fuel leak
Or not fixing it, as the case may be. :razz:
On that note, have you started it yet?

#11 ·
jeez that thing used to sit sky high! And how long are you planning on driving around without a camber kit? Is it worth getting shorter stroke shocks?
Sits nice as mate, congrats!

Jared

#12 · (Edited)
EFJase said:
Big improvement!

.. how the hell did it take 9 hrs? :)
It was the front springs from hell, we took about 4 hours when we did my superlows, so we weren't sure why they were so hard and took so long this time. Everyone who worked on it were stumped as to why it was so stubborn, as most have installed springs before and hadn't experienced anything like it lol :p

I think threaded spring compressors didn't help matters, and an air ratchet would have made life ALOT easier.

#14 ·
Or use Karl's method - Drive shaft and some brute force.

Bye bye ball joints.

#16 ·
Ball joint wouldn't pop out. Karl smashed the hell through it til it got loose. Then we didn't have spring compressors, so we just levered the tie rod down with 2 people on the driveshaft.

#21 ·
geez i would have thought after the first side, the other would have been easy, seems it gave just as much trouble then.

Well I think it was worth all the effort, swearing, cursing, thinking, and pulling apart, dropping the entire front end would have had to been quicker though i think :0)

Great result though, looks really cool, at least getting them out next time, will be a 5 minute job.

Jason

#23 ·
Just a quick question slightly off topic, where abouts is a camber kit put and what exactly do they look like? My old man seems to think that for some reason when they had the car they had one put on for some reason (im not 100% sure why...) just need to check

#24 ·
Okay, let me answer questions!

Price was around $350 delivered to my door.

Ride quality isn't half as bad as what I thought it would be. It's a bit bouncy and feels like the car is one big stiff unit - bloody brilliant around corners - and that's without decent shocks.

I don't know all the technical doo-da as to why the springs took so effen long to come out. I can only visualise it! But basically, the first one Steven and Alex tried wasn't the most efficient method according to Dave(?). To make it worse, the springs seemed to go on forever and ever!! Add to that, the spring compressors were forever slipping. There's a million dollar business to be made right there - designing decent compressors! Once the springs were out, it looked like a piece of piss. And to think it would probably have taken longer without a trolley jack and lots of tools on stand by.

I'm glad I got some understanding of the car and its components now. Hopefully I will be confident enough in the future to be doing things like this myself.

Again, many thanks to all the boys, especially Steve (Rmyers) who wouldn't give up right up until 11.30pm. Your help won't be forgotten.

#25 · (Edited)
Oh, and a camber kit is next on my purchasing list, followed by short-stroke shocks, provided by Whiteline of course ;). Anyone wanna install the shocks, Steven?! :p Just kidding mate. Hopefully at a mod day soon I will have some decent tools and a workshop manual so I can do most of the work with the guidance of someone else. Only way to learn.

To my knowledge, a camber kit sits in between the disc rotor and the shock/spring. Hard to explain what they look like... Kinda like... Hmmm an extension bracket sorta thing with a couple of bolts. I'm not your man to ask though ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.