Ford Forums banner

Pro-Fesh Pod 'Heat Sheild' And 'CAI'

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  SiX_iN_a_RoW 
#1 ·
Went out to eastern creek on sunday to watch the V8 supercars, it absolutly bucketed down the whole day, driving back to sydney was like driving down the nile river, now with my old pod setup of the filter behind the bumper I relised it was going to be imposible to get home with out trying to make 'Fuel and Water combust, Luckily I had mooved the pod back under the bonnet that day.

So I came up with a better way, you have the pod heat shielded from the hot engine with a nice thick peice of shiny polished aluminiumand a CAI going to the pod aswell from under where the air box is.

Pics....

See less See more
#2 ·
aslong as the aluminum don't get hot and u can feed lots of cool air to it :)

#5 ·
Clamped it between 2 smooth peices of wood and bent it with my hands, came out with a nice rounded corner. Still going to put a rubber strip around the edge of the aluminum.

#9 ·
where did u get the alaminium from?

#10 ·
just bought it from the hardware shop. only about $15 and made a stencil with cardboard and cut the metal with tin-snips.

#11 ·
Nice work there mate, very neat...but...

That alum would still get pretty hot and transfer a lot of heat into the air for the engine I would think. Something more along the lines of plexiglass would be better as it wouldnt transfer anywhere near as much heat.

#15 ·
why not leave the top open? has the air intake through the side as already done and have the pipe providing the air in the bottom/side or where ever? the pod would get plenty of air and the unwanted hot air could rise away... the engine bay heat wouldn't stand a chance of getting in if the pipe providing the air was big enough and worked well... still working on the whole idea.. i will keep yous posted in how it goes...

Cheers,
Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.