Ford Forums banner

Dc Ltd V8!

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  The Goodz 
#1 ·
I just bought one! Bit of a step up from the EA GL. I pick it up tuesday.

#3 ·
no pics yet. Its stark white like my EA. its was originally owned by the Bankstown city council in NSW, im told it was the mayors car. the power seats are pretty cool! the original ltd mags are the first project, they need a good polish to a mirror finish. a few people have done that with turboblades havnt they?

#6 ·
it may not do the quarter mile as fast as some, but at the end of the 400 meters you could just keep driving....

One thing i do have to fix is the steering wheel. the top has deteriorated. any idea where and how much i could source a new (or good second hand) one from? The EB GT/XR8 ones look excellent but are a bit pricey. any other options (gotta have cruise buttons)?

#7 ·
after seeing Waynes new leather interior, i must say i LOVE THE INTERIOR in those.
fantastic pickup there mate, deffinately need some pics of it.

#8 ·
barry_v said:
One thing i do have to fix is the steering wheel. the top has deteriorated. any idea where and how much i could source a new (or good second hand) one from? The EB GT/XR8 ones look excellent but are a bit pricey. any other options (gotta have cruise buttons)?
Try All Panels & Parts at Lonsdale.
They have all kinds of good Ford parts.
A bit pricy tho.
Otherwise if you want one new you'll have to go to Ford.

#9 ·
I may get my Fairlane for wreck later on, stay tuned

#13 ·
its got 200k on the clock. seemed like a lot before i went and looked at it. It has never had a towbar and its got a trans cooler so i think im fairly safe with the auto. the v8 seems good for another 200k. The interior, although its not leather, is in outstanding condition! definatly not a smokers car either. the body is very straight and theres no rust.

I paid $6500 for it.

#14 ·
barry_v said:
One thing i do have to fix is the steering wheel. the top has deteriorated. any idea where and how much i could source a new (or good second hand) one from?
they had the cruise one and standard EB one on sale at bayfords spare parts for $30 each. i bought one of each. they might still have them but it was a while ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.