Ford Forums banner

3.3 - 4.1l

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TaraHymen 
#1 ·
Hi all, I just purchased a imaculate 1980 XD for a dismal $1100. Problem is the stock 3.3L six is just pitiful in comparison to some of the 4.1L Falcons i have had previously. From memory, the 4.1L should be a straight conversion with no need for a different bellhousing etc. Can anybody clarify this for me.

#3 ·
cast head or alloy? the 2 blocks i think are different... and the cast run a c4 tranny, alloy run a b/w 35

#5 ·
Well as it happens i have some panelbeaters coming around tonight to have a look at my XB ute. I was going to get that resprayed but if it costs too much i may end up putting all the running gear from that into the XD. The XB is running a 351C with C4 so i think it would be the favoured choice for improving my power although i would be extreamely sad to put the ute down after all the hard work that has gone into it.

#6 ·
dont write of those lil 3.3 they rev alot harder than 4.1 and take all the same gear.
I had one setup a few years ago ,put alloy head ,bigger cam, torco alloy inlet and holley 350, extactors and loud as 2.5 to suit all put on a 350000kms+ bottom end
mated to 4spd single rail and 3.23 it would pull flat 15's with plenty of wheel spin and rip awsome burnouts. give em a go

#7 ·
swoopa said:
dont write of those lil 3.3 they rev alot harder than 4.1 and take all the same gear.
I had one setup a few years ago ,put alloy head ,bigger cam, torco alloy inlet and holley 350, extactors and loud as 2.5 to suit all put on a 350000kms+ bottom end
mated to 4spd single rail and 3.23 it would pull flat 15's with plenty of wheel spin and rip awsome burnouts. give em a go

i agree. i had an old stock(apart from 350 holley)200 cast iron crossflow and for no other reason that i wanted more cubes, pulled it out and stuck in a xf unleaded 250 with the weber. i'm still not sure which one goes harder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.