Ford Forums banner

MODS for the i6

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  EF_Dave 
#1 ·
Hey guys
What mods could i do to an i6 in an EB for around 3 grand?
i know about the JMM stuff but what else is there?
ive heard Wade cams a few times, r they good?
im just thinking
extractors
exhaust
cam
chip
plugs

just pretty basic, maybe a xr6 3:45 LSD would be good to.

what do u guys think?

#4 ·
20kw... Pffft! :HAHA: most guys have had mixed re****s with chips of the shelves for the 4L fords and they do bugger all... plz someone prove me wrong but its what i have been told on numerous occassions. IMHO the money would be better spent else where...

#8 ·
depends who you know and stuff. my mate want to twin turbo mine cause he has a couple of turbos around off 13b rotaries and he can build the manafold and everything exhaust and all. him and his dad built his whole car a 808 mazda 13b turbo with monster turbo the inlet wheel is bigger then a coke can and it spools up at 3000rpm its insane he broken 7 axles to date cause its just got to much power for them so has to go bigger. and his dad is an auto dealer and use to race and my mate works in a car yard and his step dad races sprint cars so they can all get trade and cheaper prices, any way yeah it just depends if you know any one that can do stuff or get you stuff. but im sure people will help you out with price and work if you just ask around a bit, other wise with a decent set up i would think you would get out of it at about $5000. not an actual quote but im pretty sure from what i know it would be around there . hope fully i can save up a bit so my mate can do this for me.

#9 ·
I have put 4k into mine and got about 190rwhp, on a rough/rich tune.
Very drivable and doesnt give any problems at all, and insurance dont charge for what they cant see, ie:cam/headwork.

I have only done some mild head work, a mild stg3 crow cam, good exhaust/intake and a aftermarket ecu.

Prob good for over 200rwhp easy.

#10 ·
tURBO sYSTEMS aUSTRALIA $5000 will get you a decent turbo kit
$6000 will get u a charger
But i wouldn't go down the forced induction path without forged pistons etc

$4900 Will get u the mock dev 5 and I dynoed mine on another dyno and pulled 168.2rwkw which is about 225hp in old money
I got a few other things in mine and I easily race with XR Turbs and 300kw Holdens - I personally would stick with an auto over manual unless ur going club racing where u need to get the right gear for exiting corners etc
Put a quick shift kit in and no manual will beat you in a straight line
Best bit bout the mock kit I still retain almost near same fuel consumption as a stock engine - But I gotta use premium!

MY 2C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.