Ford Forums banner

Just got the Injectors Cleaned

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ArT1sT 
#1 ·
I just got my injectors cleaned on my EB wagon because of uneven idle, fluctuating speed and high fuel usage.

The car flys now and highway driving is so much easier because before it was difficult to keep a steady speed, now it just cruises nicely.
More POWER too. :s5

I also had the power steering pump switch replaced because it wasn't working and the engine wasn't picking up more revs when I turned the wheel.

But I'm very impressed with the difference cleaning the injectors made.

Sam

#2 ·
how much did it cost?
mine have had it :eek: damn lpg!

#7 ·
Regarding the power steering pump switch

My EB2 shudders say for example when you reverse, put it in drive with the wheel full lock and then move forward slowly. Would a new switch fix this?. Just guessing b/c you mention the engine should increase RPM in this situation.

Rod.

#8 ·
rod71 said:
Regarding the power steering pump switch

My EB2 shudders say for example when you reverse, put it in drive with the wheel full lock and then move forward slowly. Would a new switch fix this?. Just guessing b/c you mention the engine should increase RPM in this situation.

Rod.
Possibly, I got code 52 returned on fault codes and that is for faulty power steering switch.
Maybe do a Self diagnostic test or get a mechanic to do one and see what they find?

My car actually used to stall when it was under power like going up a hill slowly or pulling something and you were using the power steering and the air con.

#11 ·
Sorry to Dredge the old thread up.
But I wanted to update you guys on the fuel usage I got in the car.
About 2 weeks ago I completed a drive from Kununurra in WA to Port Augusta in SA.
About 3200kms, a exhausting drive....
I was getting about 700kms to the tank quite easily.
This made the trip so much cheaper because I didn't have to stop at the little roadhouses between the larger towns and didn't have to pay so much in petrol.
I was getting about 450kms to 500kms to the tank before in got the injectors cleaned.

#12 ·
Very interesting, i went into Super cheap auto the other day and bought a bottle of some cheapo brand injector cleaner. Anyways i added it to a full tank of PULP and at first the car began to idle like a Mutha*****. Anyways, after a couple of Km's it settled down and so far ive done 180km and it still says i have about 2/3 of a tank left. Usually i get about 400 odd out of Pulp but i cant believe the difference in econ just by running a cleaning agent, i wonder how much difference could be achieved if i got new injectors?

#16 ·
ArT1sT said:
shit i got all injectors ultrasonicly cleaned replace all rings, and all the rest of that shit for 155, thatw as the price for him to take it out and 100 for me to take out the injectors... Plus he came to ur house...
Who did you get to do it can you supply me with a phone number. Also who makes wild cat extractors.

thanks

#17 ·
after the recent drag meet, i'm 100% sure my injectors are stuffed :p
loads of unburnt fuel being dumped on gear changes, can't be helping the ol' economy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.