Ford Forums banner

ditch the spoiler?

• Yeah - looks siiiiik without it moit

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Nah man...spoilers look Fulllleeeeeeee sik!

Votes: 28 35.9%

To spoil or not to spoil, THAT is the question...

7K views 50 replies 37 participants last post by  drftpig2 
#1 ·
hey peoples, i have been thinking about doing this for ages and ages - i dont know if i should ditch the rear spoiler or not - the only reason its on there is cause ford slapped it on when the car was being built, should i keep it or take it off?

(i know the pics are from crap angles, i just did it in the carport last night :S)

and i would save about 5kg of weight off the back of the car too...and get some areodynamic help? all the better for the quarter mile, my dear...

See less See more
#4 ·
i hated mine and i took it off looks heaps heaps heaps better without it man

do it do it now !!!!!! :)

#6 ·
It would have had a lip spoiler when new. Interesting.

I think it looks good either way - the spoiler is something unique and suits that application, though I'd never ever go out of my way to install one.

#7 ·
Lip spoiler!

haha I'm obsessed with those things.

#13 ·
It would have had a lip spoiler when new. Interesting.

I think it looks good either way - the spoiler is something unique and suits that application, though I'd never ever go out of my way to install one.
whoever ordered my car new from ford ticked the "optional bodykit" box, with that you get a bigger than normal spoiler, and the add-ons that go around the bottom of the bumpers and the skirts.

if they didnt tick that box i would have only the little lip spoiler, as that little one was what you got with a normal XR.

i love the little 'lip' spoiler, but as far as i know they are bloody rare? if anyone knows where i can get one it would be appreciated...

i cant decide hey - when you drive behind my car (like when OED666 and i swap cars for fun) the spoiler looks tough at night, makes the back of the car look 'phat' lol - especially as it slithers off sideways into the night hehe.

a lip spoiler would also hopefully save me the hassle of getting the holes filled and stuff - if any of you have one, can you tell me how its bolted to the car please?

#14 ·
Rollin said:
a lip spoiler would also hopefully save me the hassle of getting the holes filled and stuff - if any of you have one, can you tell me how its bolted to the car please?
they are held in by 6 bolts which are moulded into it and double sided tape. i dont think the lip spoiler will go in far enough to cover your existing holes. the bolts go just above the rear garnish.

#20 ·
Ditch it mate! As soon as i get the kit for my AU i will be ditching the spoiler. At the moment i wouldnt look any good without the chunky bumber.

#23 ·
lip spoiler for sure... i know i am *cough*
so....

#24 ·
Keep it! I personally think you'll be going backwards in the looks department if you take it off....

#25 ·
Rollin said:
whoever ordered my car new from ford ticked the "optional bodykit" box, with that you get a bigger than normal spoiler, and the add-ons that go around the bottom of the bumpers and the skirts.
Learn something every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.