Ford Forums banner

One cam question...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  psycho chicken 
#1 ·
I was at the wreckers this morning asking about an EB cam that im thinking of getting ground into somethign better and wack it in my EAII. Its currently CFI with plans of upgrading to MPFI fairly soonish. The guy told me that a ground EB cam is the same as a EA CPI cam. Is this guy on the level :idk: or is he just taking the shit out of someone that doesnt really know what hes doing?

Im new to all this so no laughing from u guys either!!

Thanks everyone

#4 ·
ok, so whats the point in people getting a cam altered then, if they can just throw an EA cam in. What I'm really trying to get at is, when I eventually start doing things to my engine, is it better to keep the EA cam or get somethign else? I'm not asking what type cause theres a million threads on that already, Just if i should change it or not

thanks

#5 ·
He doesn't know shit. There is no difference between MPFI and CFI cams. There is a slight difference between 3.9 and 4.0 cams. 3.9 have a longer intake, 4.0 have a longer exhaust. ED XR6 (same profile as EF) has the longest of the lot.

And you couldn't even grind a 4.0 cam to 3.9 specs, 3.9 has higher intake lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.