Ford Forums banner

ED Tickford computer.

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  psycho chicken 
#1 ·
hey guys, just wondering if there would be any point in putting my ED Tickford computer in my ED Ghia? would there be any performance increase (i doubt it) was also thinking of putting in my ED XR cam for now as a while down the track i will be doing up a fully reco 4.0 with my XR head on it. just want some sort of increase now. will i notice a difference with that cam and the computer. just want to know now before i waste any time. thanks

#2 ·
Depends on lots of factors. I doubt it would make much of a difference, but an ED XR cam would help.

What diff is in the ED Ghia?

#4 ·
TIKFD6 said:
Is it an Auto or manual John?
Have you got a computer lined up?
the car is Auto. ive already got the computer and its for Auto.

psycho chicken said:
Depends on lots of factors. I doubt it would make much of a difference, but an ED XR cam would help.

What diff is in the ED Ghia?
unsure of the diff ratio as i have'nt picked it up yet but im assuming 3.27 LSD im just hoping its not a 3.08 single spinner. does anyone know??

#11 ·
It shouldn't be making any noises, shifts would just be a little different. What kind of noise exactly? From where? Gearbox or diff?

I'm running a 3.23 SS ECU and a 3.45 LSD and have no worries. Granted that's the other way round than your case.

#13 ·
Yes, ED XR6s did have 3.45 LSDs.

The ECU John has is out of a wrecked NC Sportsman. The diff is in my car.

#15 ·
I wouldn't go replace it right away, there's no logical reason why the diff would make noise with the different ECUs.

But 3.45 LSD is a decent mod, so what the hell. Though if the problem is ECU related it might not fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.