Ford Forums banner

AU power steering pump

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AU Lover 
#1 ·
Hi fella's, Is the powre steering pump a servicable item, i.e. can it be repaired? I've just noticed mine is leaking and it's nearly lost all the fluid. Does anyone know of someone who is good at these in Brisbane? or is it cheaper to replace? Thanks

#3 ·
yep, they are repairable, and i can do it if you wish - they are pretty much exactly the same as commo ones, and i have been doing them for years :)

PM me if you would like me to have a go.

#4 ·
Rollin said:
yep, they are repairable, and i can do it if you wish - they are pretty much exactly the same as commo ones, and i have been doing them for years :)

PM me if you would like me to have a go.
Thanks for the offer dude, but the thing blew it's insides out, so it left me no option but to cough up the pennies, no matter how much it hurt. I paid Fulcrum $330.00 to supply and fit. Ford wanted $412.00 for the pump alone lol, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to decide which way to go. Much appreciate your kind offer. Cheers

f

#6 ·
Rollin said:
blew its guts out???? can we have pics please? or did they just dump it?
Na, I didn't get a say. When I picked the car up they said it went into the scrap bin - history. I'll say this much though, there was a lot of oil splashed around the place. Nearly all clean now. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.