Ford Forums banner

Renagate sequential shifter

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  xdc351 
#1 ·
Does anyone have or has used one of these Renagate shifters seen in Performance Ford Mag. I was thinking about putting one on my toploader but really dont know much about them or if they're any good??

#2 ·
Got one, wouldn't reccomend one for street driving.

Found them to be of poor quality also (top of the shift lever snapped off during use).

I'd go for a hurst indy anyday... you can also do a search for 'sequential' and find more opinions.

#3 ·
sorry to dredge old post - just a couple of questions?

Do you know if the Renegate will take shifter handle from Hurst Competeition Plus shifter

Does the shifter come out of the same hole as original top loader shifter?

Why wouldn't you recommend it for street use?

#4 ·
I couldn't say if it will take the handle. I had to make up a new one when mine broke, I might still have the measurements around somewhere.

The shifter is for LHD cars and sits way too far to the left. Modification is required to fit it (well, in an XD anyway).

I wouldn't reccomend it for street use because you can't skip gears. Every single set of lights you have to work from 4th to N and although its fine for my weekend warrior its a total pain in the butt for a daily driver. Very good at the strip/track though. No chance of putting it into the wrong gear which is always a bonus!

#5 ·
we got one of them price and it was around 800 bux where as a hurst indy was around 300... overprice for what they do i say

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.