Ford Forums banner

Air Conditioning

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  ZC-Cruiser 
#1 ·
Anyone know of good under dash aircon units for XW/ZC cars??

XF under dash unit looks good but is too big to squeeze under the dash I think...

#4 ·
Ha hah, there's no substitute for taste.

Travis certainly needs the money as he's currently doing up his Coupe.

I've seen another set up from an XB which maybe factory, it sits under the dash again but follows the line of the XB's dash, cockpit style surrounding the driver. Guess passengers come second best again! :wnc:

#5 ·
Road runner said:
Guess passengers come second best again! :wnc:
I'd love to put in a nice neat overhead unit for the back seat passengers...

it would need to be really slim where it runs up the pillar(s) - could use the stock interior light mounting to screw it to in the middle - maybe a Mad Max style centre roof console too...

#7 ·
Road runner said:
Sounds like one funky project you have there.

By the way what's the deal with the perforated headrests? Are the speakers wire up in there? Or am I totally going off the handle!?!!
It has been my main mode of transport since about 1990- this is it's 5th engine and the Magpie outfit is it's third paint job.

The 302C with Torker and 450 Mec/Sec Spreadbore Single Pump Holley was the most impressive for speed - changing into 4th gear when the speedo had been wound off the clock at 120mph sometime in 3rd gear was pretty impressive - man did it chew some fuel doing that!
For a 350km trip, if you didn't get fuel at 200km, you were running on vapours at 350 with a 75 litre tank - like 21 l/100km.

Those are Recaro/Blaupunkt Auto Stereo Seats - the stereo effect is great!
One has to go back to the Upholstrer for the 3rd time to get the outside bolster redone - they keep wearing out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.