Ford Forums banner

Removal of strips on EBII wagon

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
Well guys after looking & looking at the new wagon I have decided on nice clean lines & the strips down the side just dont cut it ........

Is there a way of removing these & keeping the look nice & clean ........ How do I do it & what will I need??????

:fairy

#2 ·
Lisa, are your refering to the uppser stripes that run down the sides of the car?
If so, im pretty sure u can just peel them off. When i was looking at my EB, it had them and some of it was lifting at the front, i havent bothered to take it off, but im thinking it can be done quite easily.

#3 ·
hay
if u mean the pin stripes yes they can be easly removed
u will need a pin stripe remover a pannel supply shop will be abel to sell u one they are bout $20 retail u put them in a drill (it looks like a small buff wheel yellow/cream in coulor and feels like real hard fome)
, and just buff the stripe off !!!!!!!!!!! ATT THESE WHEELS CAN ONLY BE USED ON 2K PAINT !!!!!!!!!!!!! USE THEM ON 1K OR ENAMAL AND U WILL TAKE PAINT OFF so make sure u have 2K before u do it :)

#4 ·
Guys ...... I was being a bit more adventurous than that :p

I want to take off those big grey jobbies ;)

The ones one the lower panel that go around the bumpers as well ........

Bit too adventurous ???????

#5 ·
Gulp..!!!

Heat them up with hairdrier or heat gun and pull them off..With two people

one with the gun and the other pulling the strip off...

Some turps or petrol etc to remove rest of glue...

#7 ·
Na paint..There is a grove where the plastic protector strips go..About 12mm deep...

#9 ·

is that what u want to do?

also, if it is, it won't come off the bumpers :p

#10 ·
Thats it, thanks John...... but I think I would have to get a bumper mod &/or other bumpers ..... I'm not keen on the strips there either :p

I will add that this will happen in time....... how much would you expect it to cost if I do it all myself ????

#11 ·
side strip would cost basically nothing to remove.
bumpers are an inteeresting issue. you would be either best to paint them one colour... or alternatively source some bumpers that lack that part (most likely a bodykit) which is where it becomes expensive :p

#14 ·
ohh my car. :$ I have since put mine back on, as there was weird scratchy swirky things in the paint, most likely from dirt getting under there. I would leave them on if i were you, perhaps colour code them?

If you do decide to remove them and find they're glued on, I wouldn't bother. I t willl take foreveer. Mine were just stuck on with double sided tape and came off quite painlessly. Good Luck!

Damo

#15 ·
I have seen some painted and look o/k ??
I like them on as body protection...
Maybe new ones would look better??

#24 ·
Mother Nature said:
******* .... and what should I expect under them apart fromthe glue ??????
I've heard that sometimes they're just held on with double sided tape.

So when you pull them off, you'll just have gummy stuff stuck to your doors, and as the others have mentioned, the best thing would be turps.

--Striker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.