Ford Forums banner

Insurance On Your Falcon

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  XRFPV8 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wondering on the different types of trouble in getting insurance on ur falcon (not specific) and how u over some these troubles?

issue was brought up recently with my brother EL Futura when he bought it it was stock except for the 16inch AMG's and the insurance company insured him straight away. Then be bought 2 Alpine 12" subs used his old 1000watt amp, new pioneer HU and new rear 6 inch speakers and lastely a DVD player and he went back to the insurance agency and updated them on his upgrades and was told that they wouldnt reinsure the car in that condition as he has now gone to everyone in Newcastle (where he lives) and cannot get insurce for his car can anyone help??

#2 ·
thats just stupid. all you need to do is tell them the value of the entertainment system and get them to adjust your premium as required. you dont need to tell them exactly what sound system you have. it makes no difference to the safety of the car in any way.

#3 ·
Actually it does sometimes. If the value of the car inst so high, adding an expensive dvd player etc will make the car too high of a risk in the eyes of the underwriter. I have had people call at work with a VN commodore and a $6000 system in it. We wont even go near it because of the age and vulnerability of the car and the fact that the stereo is worth too high a percentage of the car value.

#4 ·
I had the same problem with an xf a couple of years ago. Some insurance companies told me they had a specific % limit compared to the value of the car. In my case despite the money i had spent doing the car up they considered an xf falcon to be worth $2000 and wouldnt insure me if i had more than half the cars value ($1000) worth of audio gear. Best fix in my eyes is to buy a v8, wind down the windows and listen to that. I dont reckon any music can beat that!

#8 ·
XRQTOR said:
Blueau you work in the insurance industry.
Yeah mate, i work for one of CGU's business partners.

#9 ·
Ok im 19 and am soon to buy a newish xr8 and am in desperate needs of help. No one wants to insure me, NRMA and just cars want 5k^. Is there anyway i can get reasonable prices, besides putting the car in my parents name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.