Ford Forums banner

Alternative to DBA Required

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  redGhia 
#1 ·
After a series of bad luck with dba 4000 series club spec rotors (which were properly installed) I now need an alternitive slotted rotor for the EL Xr 6

Any ideas guys, i have thought of theese i paid $ 200 each for the dba's so around that price range would be ok and another $200 for a set of pads

Brembo
EBC
Endless (if they do one)

ash

#3 ·
wow u work quick mate, i will check them out thanks, hav u used them before

#6 ·
i had constant shudder about 500 km after i installed them, tyryed everything but to no avail. i spent my money on all the best parts and was bitterly dissapointed, dont get me wrong they stopped great but for the money i paid they should be shudder free i think. i hav now since written the car off in an accident

#8 ·
thanks, ha ha u would have trouble fitting those pictured to an ef - el. it dosent say who manufactures theese is it rda

#9 ·
has anyone done or knows of a conversion from el to au front rotors, or mustang discs

#11 ·
Yea try High Tek Brakes. They sell RDA, lot cheaper than DBA. (about $65 for fronts without ABS)

#12 ·
yes RDA are cheaper, Chinese made,DBA Australian.......
Thats not saying the RDA's are bad,just that labour is much cheaper than here.
I have not used RDA so I cannot comment on their durability but they are gaining some market share due to price obviously........

#13 ·
well it looks as if im going to settle with plain old dba slotted for the moment and not sure what pad compound they will put in. I have decided to not do them myself but get a "professional" to do it, it seems that everytime i do it the car ends up written off a few weeks later hmmmmm. I know the guy quite well and he has never had a complaint (apart from me) with the combo he fits

heres to good luck

#14 ·
i'm using rda slotteds with ebc greens and am more than ahppy with how they perform, make the std brake feel like real crud

#17 ·
no-- wheel torque was good, new wheel bearings adjusted properly, caliper slides lubed up, hub seal positioned proberly, bedded in to dba engineers reccomended bedding procedure with ferodo formula ts2000 pads used after initial bed in had finished

It wasnt pulling to one side at all either so that couldent cause it, i even had a wheel alignment done after they were installed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.